Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 52 replies

I am a Verizon Wireless Employee

pork

Jan 16, 2007, 10:06 AM
I am a Verizon Wireless Employee and would like to share some confidential and proprietary.

So who would like to hear some of the latest news from an insiders?
phonemechanic

Jan 16, 2007, 10:11 AM
Um, all of us? 🀨
WirelessZoneJerry

Jan 16, 2007, 11:18 AM
🀨
Why even ask?
pops3sons

Jan 16, 2007, 11:25 AM
Yes - why ask? I need to make a decision on a new PDA/Phone pretty quickly. I like the Pearl, but don't want to leave Verizon. If I don't hear something soon, I won't have a choice.
WirelessZoneJerry

Jan 16, 2007, 11:42 AM
I think you missed the sarcasim. πŸ™„ 😳
pops3sons

Jan 16, 2007, 12:37 PM
yep - missed it completely. must be an off day.

bummer though - i was hoping for something i could use to help me wait for verizon.
edeskins

Jan 17, 2007, 11:52 AM
Is there any hope for the pearl with Verizon????

Or something like it ????
LicorShot

Jan 18, 2007, 1:44 PM
No but just wait until AT&T buys Verizon this year in june and u can just use the one we offer here at Cingular
sparxx92562

Jan 18, 2007, 2:07 PM
what the **** are u talkin about that wont ever happen.
LicorShot

Jan 18, 2007, 9:27 PM
LoL
i was kidding .....
CurGeorge8

Jan 19, 2007, 9:16 AM
You would be prying VZW out of Vodaphone's cold, dead hands . . . . No way they're giving up on that one, not even to Verizon.
gb8888

Apr 5, 2007, 3:00 PM
RIM has a contract on the Pearls except the white one which T-Mobile has 😒 so don't expect to see it at Verizon any time soon...however, Verizon is coming out with a few phones that make me envious πŸ‘€
davidw2008

Jul 15, 2007, 12:02 AM
what are the new ones?
krickt

Jan 18, 2007, 2:32 PM
Technologies are incompatible, there's no way that can happen.
rickyhansen5

Jan 23, 2007, 7:36 PM
First of all, wow, that is a crazy thought. Cingular has a hard time keeping the customers that they already have. Being an economics degree graduate I understand what the "law of diminishing returns" is. It is what Cingular has been going through for the past year. They are losing more customers each quarter than they are gaining. At the pace that they are on currently it would not be too long and there would just be no more customers because they all went elsewhere.

Second, why would Cingular be "unbranding" their company so that they can change the name, thus, cleansing themselves of their already tarnished image.

Lastly, it would be a really hard time trying to conjoin the two networks. Can you imagine merging 112 million...
(continues)
Jon_Doh

Jan 24, 2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry, but you have your facts wrong. Cingular has been adding customers and growing their customer base over the last year. Verizon has been the one losing customers, which is why Cingular has been increasing the distance between the number 1 and spot. As for the "tarnished" name several different studies contradict that statement. While all cell phone providers could do a better job at customer service, T Mobile usually leads in customer service followed by Cingular. Part of the heavy advertising by AT&T is because their own studies along with studies by independent groups like Advertising Age have shown the Cingular name to be highly recognizable (Jack is the 8th most recognized mascot) and one with a positive image.
Jon_Doh

Jan 24, 2007, 2:40 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070124/...r_results_dc_3 »

NEW YORK (Reuters) - AT&T Inc.'s (NYSE:T - news) Cingular Wireless, the No. 1 U.S. mobile phone service by customer base, on Wednesday said quarterly profit nearly quadrupled, boosted by customer growth that beat Wall Street estimates.

AT&T, which took full control of Cingular when it bought BellSouth last month, saw its shares rise $1.24, or 3.5 percent, to $36.60 in morning trading on the New York Stock Exchange.

Cingular's strong customer growth numbers likely mean it has taken market share from No. 3 mobile phone service Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S - news), analysts said.

"It's impressive they were able to deliver on the profit side despite growing much faster than ex...
(continues)
VeRiZoN01

Jan 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
hahahahahahhahahahahah your on ****in drugs if you think AT&t will be buying out powerhouse Verizon your flippin nuts for saying something like that
SquiggNick

Mar 11, 2007, 2:15 AM
How does this make sense anyways??? If im not mistakin, Cingular bought out AT&T and if AT&T was buying out VZW that would indicate therefore that Cingular is buying out VZW. If someone seriously thinks this, someone is really high.
gb8888

Apr 5, 2007, 3:08 PM
No, Cingular (at&t) will set its sights on T-Mobile before VZW. T(Free)-Mobile is our biggest competition because of their pricing.
warrior9783

Jun 22, 2007, 12:28 PM
I remember the AT&T merger when the CEO of Cingular was qouted as saying something along the lines of we're going to try merge in order to make a run at being the number one carrier. Your article is also misleading, it says that Cingular claimed market share from the no. 3 wireless carrier Sprint Nextel (IMO could state that they are not the top rated overall carrier, but rather 4th in that market). Also, look at JD Power and tell me what they think about the top carriers. There has been much controversy over the "fewest dropped calls" claim. My girlfriend has cingular and she absolutely hates it. Carriers are like shoes, they make different sizes for different people. Cingular is not a bad carrier by any means, they just aren't as up to par...
(continues)
msd18

Jun 22, 2007, 12:41 PM
I have cingular and it DEFINITELY has ALOT of dropped calls. I live in NY with strong service and get tons of dropped calls. I had sprint and didnt even get as much. But Cingular has the best cell phones, and you could get unlocked gsm cell phones for cheaper than CDMA and much more advanced features
FIN

Jun 23, 2007, 2:12 PM
I have Cingular as well, no dropped calls ..yet.. but the quality could use some work. But i have only has the sync..and its kinda the quality may have somethingto do with the internal antanna on the bottom of the phone! what was samsung thinking!!

Im still not sure how to hold it without covering it lol!
warrior9783

Jun 22, 2007, 12:18 PM
LicorShot said:
No but just wait until AT&T buys Verizon this year in june and u can just use the one we offer here at Cingular

AT&T doesn't have the money to purchase Verizon. They continually report industry breaking adds and profit margins. There use to be a 10 million customer gap, but I believe it is pretty close to even now.

p.s. GSM and CDMA do not mix... one example of why these two would never work. Can you say monopoly?
yodude

Apr 12, 2007, 7:20 PM
Verizon is getting Unlimited Text Messaging to anyone on the 15th.
msd18

Jun 22, 2007, 12:45 PM
I have heard from a sprint insider that they are coming out with a blackberry pearl device, so it would not be far fetched that it will be coming to verizon as well
sprint_guy

Apr 5, 2007, 9:29 AM
i know this is all sarcasm,but seriously,who leaves a carrier because of a phone. jesus im so sick of it,those who do are idiots...the phone is only as strong as the carrier behind it. its just stupid to leave something good because someone else has a better phone.
t.c.

Jun 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
yeah i've seen that happen a couple times... very asinine. aside from the fact that you're giving up svc. that has been established to the point you know what to expect, it's not very cost effective either. pay the ETF, a new deposit, and sign up for svc. that for all you know could be crap, another contract, another large bill to activate everything... people give in to hype way too much. leave a carrier because their svc. sucks, not cuz they don't have the phone you want πŸ˜›
will.h.

Jun 12, 2007, 2:13 PM
You want a good pda/blackberry...

So you going to switch to a blackberry..good choice πŸ™„
DJ Parkay

Jul 7, 2007, 6:27 PM
Now I am reporting all of you to the SEC!
krickt

Jan 17, 2007, 2:24 PM
So what are you waiting for? I want to know how long the Gzone is exclusive to Verizon.
notch32

Jan 18, 2007, 4:56 AM
what is the gzone? i think i missed the sarcasim also
krickt

Jan 18, 2007, 10:42 AM
It's actually a Casio GoZone, I think. It's a water and shock resistant phone. Carried by Verizon and distributed by UTStarcom.
AudiSport

Jan 18, 2007, 4:48 PM
not all that cool, sony ericsson was a waterproof phone in japan, so this doesn't make me want to get it, and if casio is making it, it must really suck.
krickt

Jan 18, 2007, 6:06 PM
I have so many redneck custies that kill their phone with water/slime/manure/pondscum/mud/iceslush/baby slobber........ that this phone would make some of my headaches go away.
Wireless Buddy

Feb 13, 2007, 1:41 PM
what about dropped in toilet?? πŸ™„ 🀣
gb8888

Apr 5, 2007, 3:05 PM
No no no...My favorite was a Cust. brought in a phone they dropped into the Deep Fryer...hehehhehehehhehehe 🀣
Ghosthendrikson

Jun 6, 2007, 7:48 PM
My best one was a guy who brought his phone in, when I took the battery cover off it actually poored out a pool of water.

When I asked how he got it so wet, he explained that the night before after a long evening of drinking, he was going to take a bath and do some drunk texting as well.
JO3_1S_3V1L

Jul 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
"I backed over it with my tractor..." I kid you not. It was all I could do to not laugh while the customer was still on the phone.
DeepFryerDan

Jul 16, 2007, 9:27 AM
my favorite was "me and my girlfriend were fighting and she threw her phone at me and it hit the wall." I asked why he was getting it fixed and he said "she won."
aaronz

Jan 22, 2007, 4:52 PM
You’re dumb. You do realize that if it is confidential info from verizon they will see that. You don't think that they don't watch these forums for dumb people like you? Way to put your job in jeopardy 😎
VeRiZoN01

Jan 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
wow bro, you must want to loose your job, cause I work for Verizon as well, but I ain't about to talk like that... Your asking to be fired for giving that info out...
raycarroll70

Feb 16, 2007, 9:41 AM
I think JaneDough is looking for some inside 411. Shout out to her when you get a chance. LOL!
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
ABLINDKID

Apr 4, 2007, 11:23 PM
hey i hope you protect your identity well because you know you could lose your job sharing inside, private secured information, just thought i would pass that along one employee to another
Nitrous250

Apr 9, 2007, 10:31 AM
I am a doctor about to purchase a PDA/Smartphone or blackberry. I went to VZW store and gentleman told me to wait a few weeks for new devices?? Any info for me. I need to check email and qwerty keyboard, Q or Blackberry or wait?
someone please
Cymballistix86

Apr 9, 2007, 11:23 AM
Q.
ABLINDKID

Apr 10, 2007, 1:17 PM
stay away from the motorola Q i have seen so many problems relating to software issues
motodude69

Apr 9, 2007, 4:32 PM
Blackberry 8703e

You won't be disappointed. 😎
ABLINDKID

Apr 10, 2007, 1:17 PM
verizon just had a new pda come out, its the palm treo wx there is a good start, but i personally recommend a black berry i rarley ever see those come in to be serviced
johnnyslick

Apr 12, 2007, 12:48 AM
That's because when a customer has an issue with ANY PDA or smartphone, the protocol is that they call *us* and we *send* them out a replacement. The only people with PDAs you get are people who need help with the interface and who won't follow directions.

Note to other people reading ABLINDKID's posts: you would do well to pretty much do the opposite of whatever recommendation he gives.
Ghosthendrikson

Jun 6, 2007, 7:56 PM
The newest Blackberry that we have is the 8703.

Also coming down the pipeline is the new TREO 755 and a two new versions of the Q.

I personaly am leaning towards the new Crackberry, very nice looking. The trackballs seems nice and I like the idea of it being dual CDMA/GSM.

Granted I am not rich enough to be jet setting off to europe and japan every weekend but, its nice to know if I ever win the lottery my phone will be working while I am blowing my winnings overseas.
vfa427

Apr 12, 2007, 10:35 AM
since you work for verizon, do you know if they will be releasing any new blackberry products in the next 3 months or so? i'm sue for a new phone in june and i really wanted a blackberry, but the ones that they currently offer seem outdated. any info you can give me on that? thanks a lot anyway!

val
ABLINDKID

Apr 13, 2007, 9:42 PM
to correct the jerk a couple of posts before me usually they trouble shoot it by performing a soft reset , after that they check all the settings in the phone, then they ask you to make sure you back everything up on your computer because they want to perform a hard reset, if that doesnt work they send you out a fru(field replacement unit) replacement, and around boston they are converting stores into hybrid pda stores, so now some stores are starting to replace them in the stores , they are just making the stores go through training so they know what they are doing..... any you know to all those people who say dont listen to me grow up i may not have all the right answers but when i get the right ones im grateful and im trying to help out ...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.