Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 5 replies

POCKET COMMUNICATIONS

pocket

Sep 10, 2006, 10:42 PM
Does anyone out there have a pocket phone?? If so give me feedback i would like to know what you think of your service.. personally i love it. it is the best invention ever and doesnt rip you off like ALL the other companis out there!!! 😁
raycarroll70

Sep 10, 2006, 10:52 PM
Before I had worked with a PPC 6700 on the Sprint CDMA network, I had a Siemens SX56 when I worked for AT&T Wireless on their GSM/GPRS one. Pocket PC handsets(Microsoft OS based) I like to think are an extension of your home PC/laptop in many ways since you can send/receive e mail with Outlook Express, have access to the internet via Pocket Internet Explorer, can open Excel, PowerPoint and Word documents with their corresponding Pocket PC Office software counterparts as well as listen to music and watch videos via Windows Media Player. It's true their are limitations using a Pocket PC phone as compaired to your actual home PC/laptop, but all in all, the Pocket PC phone is a valuable tool to increase productivity when you're away from home an...
(continues)
wantacookie

Sep 19, 2006, 11:17 PM
I think he is talking about Pocket(the carrier) and not PDA devices.

I have no experience with them, personally, but from what I hear from some of my customers that were in the San Antonio market, it is a great deal .

Sorry I cannot comment on their handsets.
BlackberryNum1User

May 26, 2009, 4:15 PM
😁 Pocket Communication (now called Pocket Wireless) is a useful carriers for many of different options. The service in Texas is far more than exciting and so far its growing. Right now in the New England, our service is slowly but surely will be equivalent toward what Texas is having. Right now the pre paid carriers are feeling the competition that pocket is sending out. I just urge customers to have Patience because making a business like this does not take over night. 🤣
Wireless Consultant

Sep 11, 2006, 11:53 AM
At first jumping from the Blackberry to the HP 6515 was traumatizing.

But after I realized the extra features like the media player, camera, video, SD storage and GPS, the Pocket PC won me over.

I am thinking of getting the VX 6700 on Verizon. The online speed would be faster, Windows 5.0 and WIFI.
iansltx

Jan 15, 2007, 10:12 PM
Ech. See, I too know what you're talking about. Not Pocket PC but the local central TX unlimited PCS carrier (quite similar in features to MetroPCS, except no web and a bit cheaper per month).

I now know five people who have Pocket, compared with most people at my school\who I deal with that use Sprint. The people who have Pocket are very happy with the service, though where I am (Fredericksburg) coverage ends not too far outside of town. But such is the fate of PCS unlimited carriers, and where coverage is service sounds great. But anyway, Pocket, from what I've heard, is a very solid service.

Plus look on craigslist...one guy in the San Antonio section is offering a free accessory kit and $10 off whoever buys Pocket through him or s...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.