Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Cingular Merger

TomZ

Nov 21, 2003, 5:25 PM
I TOLD YA SO. I brought it up and look what pops into the headlines. All you guys said it wasn't going to happen, but Cingular will buy out either ATTW or T-Mobile. So all you CDMA fans better look out because Cingular will be #1.

tz
IIXxRaVeNxXII

Nov 21, 2003, 7:58 PM
.....There is a difference between a merger and a buy-out.....

For the retards, you....

Time Warner merges with AOL = TIME WARNER AOL Inc.

ATTWS Buys out Suncom = ATTWS
Big Daddy

Nov 22, 2003, 8:44 AM
Cingular sucks
Myth

Nov 22, 2003, 11:16 AM
TomZ said:
I TOLD YA SO.

Yup. You did.

And it's STILL just talk. ☚ī¸

There is no certain buyout target. There are no talks underway. There is just a company looking to expand big-time, and a couple of possible options that will work technically and financially.

Like gay marriage in Massachusetts, we still got a ways to go.
Big Poppa

Nov 22, 2003, 2:49 PM
Cingular Stinks.. My g/f works for a company were they type up all the survey answers that are given to Cingular customers.. She's says she rarely heres a "good" survey.. And if Anyone decides they want to merge with Cingular it will probably be AT&T.. And Cingular isn't looking to "Buy Out" anyone, They are Looking to "Merge" But this will still have to be approved by the FCC in regards to Monopoly laws... Remember MCI Worldcomm tried to buy Sprint and Sprint PCS, and we shot down by the FCC becuase it would violate Monopoly laws.
Big Daddy

Nov 22, 2003, 3:01 PM
Good call, I will never go back to them 😁
theLGman

Nov 23, 2003, 9:44 PM
Ever wonder why Cingular is grasping at straws trying to expand? Could it be that once LNP is implimented, Cingular is in deep trouble along with Sprint? Only the strong will survive and Verizon has over 37 million customers. The next company below them has 23 million. Ha! No GSM company will ever be #1 in the USA.
NeumZ

Nov 23, 2003, 11:10 PM
verizon has 36 mill, the next campany with 23 mill... is cingular. if cingular were to merge with the next biggest company, ATTWS with there 21 million customers that would put them at 44 million customers, larger than verizon, and it would be a GSM company. check your facts, ass.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/aboutUs/index.jsp »

http://www.attwireless.com/our_company/overview.jhtml »
wb

Nov 25, 2003, 12:09 AM
Funny, no one is saying anything about the fact that AT&T is downsizing. In the face of LNP they are firing thousands of employees. While it may give them a temporary profit margin increase they are going all those employees to make LNP a smooth for the expected six percent increase they may see. My math seems a bit bad here. Let's see, a ten percent cutback of employees in the face of a six percent gain in customers equals a long term disaster. It appears that AT&T wants to create a problematic LNP situation for themselves. Cingular wont have much left over for a monopoly based merger- except an LNP nightmare.

By the time Cingular merges with anyone Verizon will still be # 1 per population served. 26 percent of the cell phone...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.