Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 10 replies

What new verizon phones are coming out soon? (NOT PDA'S)

hookid

Dec 15, 2005, 11:36 PM
I am either buying the razr or waiting for another phone to come out. I'm not into PDA'S, so are there any new phones coming?
saltwater

Dec 21, 2005, 1:30 PM
I'll second that. I actually have the Razr right now, but still can return it through Jan. 15th (their holiday deal).... I don't love it and don't want to be stuck with it for two years, but if it takes a year for something good to come out (no MP3 and would prefer no video, even though I'll be out of luck).... then whatever.
t-nutz

Dec 27, 2005, 6:25 PM
Me too, I want to know the scoop on upcoming verizon (non pda) phones!!! Can someone in the know..or atleast thinks they are in the know reply...please!!
SteveHRocks

Jan 12, 2006, 7:08 AM
Well pretty much if you want a Verizon phone without bluetooth, camera, video or MP3 (WMA) playback then you are probably gonna be stuck with the entry level phones. (Pantech, Audiovox)
beansy72

Jan 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
I'm waiting on the Nokia 6265i, which was supposed to come out Q4 2005 but now is slated for Q1 2006. It's the first CDMA slider phone from Nokia and supposed to be very feature rich.

The problem is that I am seeing 2 different looks to it, one I like and the other I don't, so I do not know what to expect when it comes out.

Cheers.
mahoodlum

Jan 18, 2006, 12:52 PM
what do you mean by feature rich? I have the Nokia 6256i which is supposed to be feature rich, but in fact has been watered down. (i.e. watered down mp3 player, no application installs, etc.)
beansy72

Jan 18, 2006, 2:08 PM
This is from infosyncworld.com:

""Strutting its stuff, Nokia's new 6265 is the most feature-rich CDMA handset from the Finnish maker to date, sporting a QVGA display, 2 Megapixel camera and miniSD memory expansion.

At its annual Nokia Connection event held in Helsinki and Singapore today, Nokia unveiled the 6265 CDMA slider as the most feature-packed handset unveiled by the handset maker for the Americas to date. Among its highlights are a 2 Megapixel camera, a high-resolution 262K colour display, music player and Bluetooth.""

Now this announcement overseas came back in June and it was announced for the US back in September. Again I have seen two different looking versions so I am curious what it will look like when its released. Ho...
(continues)
mahoodlum

Jan 18, 2006, 4:43 PM
I'll say this, if it is promoted at all like the 6256i through verizon the MP3 player will be watered down by Verizons request so people will use Vcast instead, I guarentee it. On top of that the Java that was supposed to be supported by 6256i which 6265 will also have will be broken...so feature rich is a limited term in this case...it depends on the network that supports it. 6255i vs. 6256i same phone, difference 55 has better mp3 player both broke Java
riegglady

Jan 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
there is a pink razr from verizon coming out soon, but I don't know the release date, so if you don't like the color of the one being offered now, wait (if you're a girl that is-lol).
Sxydrkch

Jan 22, 2006, 9:43 AM
I am waiting for a new model or color of the RAZR phone also. Verizon seems to be getting behind in the times. They are usually the first to come out with new gadgets. I do not know what is going on with them. They are starting to disappoint me. And they charge for every damn thing. ☹️
crxtreme89

Jan 26, 2006, 1:23 PM
If there are any new releases of any Verizon phones this is the place to look. Phone Scoop.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.