Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

What do think of this? A maybe?

Chapperal

Nov 16, 2003, 8:23 PM
Does anyone know or think that in the next few months ATTWS, T-Mobile and Cingular will become one large company? Or will they remain seperate?
I don't see how all 6 companies can all make money, and still keep all their equipment updated, what do you think?
cellhound

Nov 19, 2003, 1:31 PM
i can't see all 3 maybe AWS may buy t-mobile. or hell the way its going now maybe the other way around. maybe t-mob and Cing may buy AWS and split it. who knows
now the Phone makers won't like it though because they make so many models of the same phone. like the NOKIA 3586i,3588 and 3589. so that would be theri loss. but like i said who knows. 😕
Rich Brome

Nov 20, 2003, 9:47 AM
cellhound said:
i can't see all 3 maybe AWS may buy t-mobile. or hell the way its going now maybe the other way around. maybe t-mob and Cing may buy AWS and split it. who knows

I agree. Consolidation is overdue, and those are all possibilities. In fact, all the analysts agree that it's been overdue for years.

The thing holding it back seems to be the international stakeholders. Few of them are truly independent companies. T-Mobile is of course owned by Deutsche Telekom. Verizon Wireless is partly owned by Vodafone. Cingular is owned by SBC and BellSouth. And AT&T NTT DoCoMo holds a stake in AT&T Wireless...

Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, and NTT DoCoMo are all determined to be global players, and see t...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.