Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 9 replies

All This Exclusivity Talk... [another iPhone thread]

Veritas117

Jul 21, 2009, 8:36 AM
I don't get this exclusivity nonsense all of a sudden. People never complained about exclusivity agreements until iPhone came along. It never really occured with the Sidekick through T-Mobile which is a one of a kind phone also. Fact is, this is just basically "I want an iPhone Wah!" junk. Exclusivity was never challenged at this degree until now...
SprintCC

Aug 8, 2009, 1:14 PM
I just don't get it. A phone is a phone. For 99% of the people there isn't anything the iPhone can do that the comparable model from their carrier cannot. If you happen to be in the minority that has to have the iPhone, then you have to go with AT$T. They really aren't that bad, I've had them (or SBC/Cingular) since 1999.
TmobileEmp

Aug 18, 2009, 2:06 PM
I just like mine since I can hook it up to my Double Din in my truck and view my phone through it. Also I listen to music all the time and an all in one device is ideal for me. I use it unlocked so I dont get screwed on the pricing.
jczompoly2009

Aug 19, 2009, 8:15 AM
i cant stand all the people that go to at&t just for that damn iphone..... it is such a pain.... t-mobile loses so many cx's due to the damn iPhone.... why dont u people just get a G1 or the myTouch 3G
sckoisks17

Aug 20, 2009, 10:18 AM
My sentiments exactly. You're a T-Mobile customer and want an iPhone? Get a jailbroken one, or get a myTouch. Verizon? Storm. Sprint? Pre or Touch Diamond. The iPhone is nothing special, it's just the brand name. Besides, AT&T's iPhone plans are horribly expensive compared to comparable plans with other carriers.

In a word, if you're one of those whining about wanting an iPhone with your carrier, get over yourself and look at what your carrier has to offer. You might (read: probably) find something better.
socallocal

Aug 22, 2009, 1:54 PM
spoken like somebody that doesn't own an iphone. try one for a bit then tell me you don't honestly envy every iphone carrying apple fanboy that you see.
fullracecam

Aug 25, 2009, 11:02 AM
i have an iphone and i have it on a flex pay t-Mobile account. i have Internet text and minutes. and my picture mail works. i have no issues, the phone always works. it holds all my music i want to lessen to. the reason people are mad about the Exclusivity is because there has never been a device that has delivered everything it said it would and not been a POS. befor the iphone it was all the same thing just a different shape. now people have a swiss army knife kind of gadget that can do almost everything. trust me once you own one you understand why people freak about them.

P.S. i don't really care about your opinion so shove it.
ElTriste

Aug 25, 2009, 4:22 PM
Please...for the love of god, use the spell check... 😕
ATnT Nokia

Aug 25, 2009, 5:06 PM
sckoisks17 said:
My sentiments exactly. You're a T-Mobile customer and want an iPhone? Get a jailbroken one, or get a myTouch. Verizon? Storm. Sprint? Pre or Touch Diamond. The iPhone is nothing special, it's just the brand name. Besides, AT&T's iPhone plans are horribly expensive compared to comparable plans with other carriers.

In a word, if you're one of those whining about wanting an iPhone with your carrier, get over yourself and look at what your carrier has to offer. You might (read: probably) find something better.

The iPhone data plan is 30 a month, just like other AT&T smartphones. You do have to pay extra for a texting package, again, just like with other AT&T smartphones.
JoshErdz

Aug 25, 2009, 7:24 PM
I can agree with you for the most part. Every carrier has something comparable. But it's just that: comparable.

The iPhone really is unique. I'll say I own one, and personally, I think it is great. It does everything I need and want in my phone. But what is that statement? It's an opinion.

I could sit here and write stort after story of everything I love about my iPhone (jailbroken at that), but what's the point? Everything I love, you already know about. That isn't to say the phone doesn't have faults; it is a phone after all.

My point is simple: you have to find what you are going to use your phone for the most before you decide you want to buy something like the iPhone. However, You can't sit here and say it is nothing special...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.