Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

is it really dead?

bamakodaker

Jun 22, 2009, 9:11 PM
Hello,

Cleaning up and found the box w/ Z6M in it, along w/ 1/6/08 ticket. About a week later daughter left in jacket. It was found when washer finished. There it was vibrating as I opened the door! ARRGGHHH!!! Turned it off, pulled battery, set it in front of house return vent to central heater while I looked online. Might have been next day I did the alcohol soak and dry. Can't remember what screen looked like when tried to start it up. I just remember we called it missing in action and got another one.
How can I find out if it's really dead? When it powers up doesn't it automatically connect to tower and the cell specifics get recorded by the cell co. so they would know the phone was not MIA? Could I get close to a cell signal scramb...
(continues)
mist668

Jun 24, 2009, 4:54 PM
What?
fer712

Jun 24, 2009, 8:47 PM
?????????ok you got me lost again WATH!?? 🤨
foneguy

Jun 25, 2009, 8:01 AM
It may still work, however, you reported it lost to Asurion/Lockline/whomever, right? That being the case, the phone is unusable, and should be returned to the insurance company after your data is transferred.

If you just simply bought a new phone, and this one still works, you can use it. Other than minor interference with your existing phone (delayed message reciept and possible call deflection to voicemail), there is really nothing to worry about from your carrier. They are not the SS, only a business.
GraGG

Jun 25, 2009, 6:00 PM
yup, just like mj

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.