Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Verizon getting iphone??? Hmmm, . . . . . .

rob.eloi

Oct 6, 2008, 5:35 PM
Why would they want the I phone. Too many problems. They already have the Dare and Blackberry is coming out with the new touch screen as well. Who do you think would do it better Blackberry or Apple?
Jayshmay

Oct 6, 2008, 8:56 PM
Well with reguards to doing touch screens better? Apple, because they're the only one that has multi touch.

But I heard Samsung is coming out with a touch based device that utilizes the accelerometer when viewing pictures in the gallery, you simply move the phone to the left or right to view different pix, that is so, so cool!!!
X_MOSES_X

Oct 8, 2008, 2:48 PM
🤣
mjc5023

Oct 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
the dare already has this option. samsung's touch screen (glyde) is the ****tiest phone ever to hit verizon's line up of phones.
JesusSaves

Nov 3, 2008, 8:34 AM
It is called the Instinct and it also works with web sites.
borisnj

Nov 8, 2008, 3:06 PM
instinct is for sprint not verizon.
JesusSaves

Nov 10, 2008, 7:11 AM
Would it be possible to unlock it and use it with Verizon? Just a thought.
lxav06

Oct 15, 2008, 1:28 PM
i think apple did a decent phone, i really see HTC or blackerry toping apple. i think BB will have a tougher touch screen device. one that can take more abuse than the iphone, and htc a touch screen with more options, after that a great touch screen is up in the air for the other manufacturers(?).
the htc G1 has great potential( for the software intensive people), but it is on a poor network in the U.S.
what i wonder is why does it seem that apple owners seem so fanatic about apple stuff, but win/ non-win pc does not get so much devotion, yet there are more ways to customize a pc especially if you build your own vs apple. (from what i heard and seen at places such as Microcenter.
avguy87

Oct 23, 2008, 10:35 AM
A Lot of it has to to with apples marketing. They have had it right from the begining from a buisness point of view. Keep all the rights of their stuff to themselves, then when people want add-ons they have to go through them because no one else has the rights to the products.

The Iphone will be on top for a while because of how user friendly it is. You could have never picked up a cell phone before and be able figure it out.
lxav06

Oct 29, 2008, 3:59 PM
for thet lazy people, i like to mess with my phone (mogul). iphone does have a kool factor, but from no insurance and what's left out from what other phones can do. i did not go for it.
l0v3_l0v3

Oct 23, 2008, 11:52 AM
I think Apple should stick to iPods and computers.
JesusSaves

Oct 30, 2008, 8:11 AM
Blackberry or Apple...hmmm...I am not sure just that I am all of a sudden starting to get hungry 🤤
jreed3686

Nov 8, 2008, 11:37 AM
Blackberry screwed up the Pearl when it was first released, and they couldnt even get it to fully function with new features such as scroll ball and camera...what makes you think they could produce touch screen on the 1st attempt with no flaws?
bigdfan70

Dec 11, 2008, 6:36 PM
stay away from verizon there plans and data or way over priced.compare there data and voice plans to sprint not even close and yes sprints network is as good as verizons dont drink that kool aid
TwistedAmbience

Oct 28, 2008, 11:39 AM
very interesting and I can't wait and see how this plays out
IamTheGodfather

Nov 3, 2008, 5:27 AM
march 09

i phone comes to vzw in all its already crippled glory.
mist668

Nov 3, 2008, 6:02 PM
Verizon would have better luck selling the BB, you'll get a few people that want an iphone but the BB has more powerful tools and is much better at user abuse.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Dec 5, 2008, 11:40 PM
I know some people within Apple that I went to college with that are now part of a CDMA platform development team.

This phone will likely end up in Korea. Just so you know.
Turbo187

Dec 6, 2008, 1:16 PM
Bumping an old thread for that? lame...come with a little evidence, more than "I went to college with some apple guys". It's been said that there MAY be an iphone on CDMA networks based soley on speculation that apple put out an ad looking for cdma engineers, but that could mean anything, the technologies for CDMA and GSM overlap quite a bit. On any note, chances are it won't happen until at least 2010, based on apple and AT&T exclusivity deals.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Dec 10, 2008, 5:32 PM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB122889507275694337.html »

That's the WSJ article that PhoneScoop covered. Those CDMA engineers I was speaking of likely knew the South Korea market was about to open, so they got a head start.

My people were right. Bam!
-chels-

Jan 21, 2009, 6:45 PM
I want Sprint to get it ....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.