Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Samsung Instinct (m800 the Iphone killer)

BigKippa

Apr 1, 2008, 2:39 PM
Well you heard it hear first, Sprint has officially announced the release of the Samsung Instinct, previously known as the M800. The official launch date will be in June, sooner than previously thought. It will sport a 2 megapixel camera, it WILL be RevA, supports up to 8gb micro SD, Bluetooth 2.0, the only one to offer live t.v., GPS, and much much more. Needless to say Sprint is back it seems, and very aggressive! Check it out herehttp://nowisgood.com/
MizzSprint

Apr 1, 2008, 3:43 PM
I have live T.V. on my phone now, not the channels I prefer but MTV, Cartoon Network, TLC, Nick, etc.
BigKippa

Apr 1, 2008, 4:01 PM
I'm talking about it's competition on another carrier, there are lots of sprint phones that have live t.v. Just trying to distinguish it from it's competitor's on other carriers.
liquidfire

Apr 1, 2008, 5:55 PM
ummm vzw has live tv 🙄
jdn2010

Apr 1, 2008, 4:55 PM
According to........ http://www.dbtechno.com/phones/2008/04/01/spr int-unveils-iphone-killer-samsung-instinct/

The phone is supposed to be under $300!!!! I highly doubt that!!! Does any one know any info on that? I'm mad i just bought the Rumor by sprint!! I LOVE THE PHONE but now i'm gonna want this!
BigKippa

Apr 1, 2008, 5:03 PM
It will be $299 after instant rebates and mail in rebates.
mogulking

Apr 1, 2008, 10:04 PM
were did you get your info on pricing becasue according to the sprint website they have not released that info yet.
Jorin

Apr 9, 2008, 12:19 AM
Not sure if its going to be $299 retail, or after rebates, but it will be under 300 in one way or another. I've seen several reports on this including Sprint reps at CTIA.
rob21i

Apr 2, 2008, 10:20 AM
The browser in the video seems really fast. Nice phone.
jam1811

Apr 2, 2008, 12:52 PM
no such thing as an iphone killer
BigKippa

Apr 2, 2008, 1:18 PM
I got my pricing news from God. And if you compare data speeds this is an iphone killer. Don't hate.
JoMc

Apr 24, 2008, 9:05 AM
😛 Yea there is an iphone killer. But its most commenly referred to as Customer service. Jo
DE 2 Philly

Apr 8, 2008, 9:55 PM
It looks pretty sweet. Im def. getting it when it comes out. I've been waiting so long for a phone like this to come out for Sprint. Yea and they are sinking 100 mil in advertising for this phone. I cant waiiiiiiiiiiiiit. 🙂
Jorin

Apr 9, 2008, 12:23 AM
As much as I LOVE this phone already and I personally will be buying one, I'll probably never call it an iPhone killer.
For several reasons really, but I guess it depends on how you define the term "killer."
Out-sell it maybe? I'm going to say... probably not.
MizzSprint

Apr 9, 2008, 7:12 PM
Everysingle phone that comes out with touchscreen is compared to the Iphone. Hell, it's come to a point when people compare Blackberry to the Iphone. JUST STOP! 😡
Jorin

Apr 10, 2008, 12:08 AM
I agree that maybe we compare too many phones to the iPhone. HOWEVER, this phone is being marketed as iPhone competition. It is truly intended for that. Just go to Youtube and check out some videos, I'm sure you'll find plenty of Sprint reps themselves comparing it to the iPhone.
monkeyracer

Apr 24, 2008, 11:11 AM
It's inevitible to compare this phone to the iphone because of it's similarities.

But comparing the HTC touch or the Centro, or and other PDA is like comparing Apples (duh) to oranges (every PDA)

The iPhone is a music phone, not a PDA, and should be compared to other music phones.
dbridges

Apr 23, 2008, 1:07 PM
Hardly the iPhone killer. No WiFi. Cheap camera. I don't understand why a smartphone would come out without WiFi.
BigKippa

Apr 23, 2008, 7:31 PM
First of all it has the same camera as the iPhone, and secondly who needs wifi when you have Rev A? The Instinct has GPS (iPhone doesn't), it has Rev A (iPhone doesn't), wireless music downlad (iPhone doesn't), haptic touch screen (iPhone doesn't), talk to text (iPhone doesn't), and screen panning by tilting the phone (iPhone Doesn't). Sounds like an iPhone killer to me. I'd have more to say but I have to get to work.
monkeyracer

Apr 24, 2008, 11:28 AM
Samsung has been making 2 MP cameras since before the first iPod even came out. They've had years and years and years of research, and they have good (decent) cameras. Samsung could have put a 5 MP lens in it, but there isn't really a point in a phone to have anything more than MAYBE 3 MP.

Wifi is only good when you don't have EvDO coverage (because you're crippled to the AT&T network) but can your iPhone download a full length song while travelling down the interstate. NOPE.
Can your iPhone get real turn by turn GPS directions? NOPE.
Can you use the iPhone on a cold December Colorado day whilst wearing gloves? NOPE.
Can you expand the memory on your iPhone? NOPE.
Can you record video with your iPhone? NOPE.

I'm not saying the Inst...
(continues)
X_MOSES_X

Apr 23, 2008, 2:15 PM
O.K. Once again communication is the business were in but yet still there is miss information 😕 The Touch by HTC has sprint TV so does the Blackberry 8830 and 8130 and the Curve. Palm 755, Palm Centro and the Q9c all can use sprint TV. Only the Mogul, and Palm wx cannot. However none of these phones can use Sprint Music Store but the Mogul and of course the Instinct when it comes out..
thatguy_overthere

Apr 23, 2008, 8:24 PM
Sorry, but have to correct you on a your info. You said that of all the phones you mentioned that only the Mogul can use the music store.

The BB 8130, Curve, Touch and i think even the Centro (not sure about centro) can all use the music store. In fact, the first Moguls shipped couldn't access the music store, you had to do a software update to get that.
Mr.Enpho

Apr 24, 2008, 4:13 PM
Negative on the Centro having Sprint Music Store
Jorin

Apr 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
It will soon though actually. They're going to make it a free download in through the main Sprint deck.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.