Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Some new Sprint phones/color changes.

CSIdude42

Jan 9, 2008, 9:17 PM
So when I went to my local Sprint store they said something about a GREEN LG Rumor on January 14. I asked someone at Sprint and here's what they said. Note the phones you can't find on Phone Scoop.

Tabatha): "Thank you Zachery. I do apologize for the wait. How may I assist you today?"

01/09/2008 08:45:10PM Zackery: "I was
wondering if there are going to be any more colors for the LG Rumor. I heard about a green one but wanted to know if thats ture. Also my phone has been acting up and I was wondering if I could take it back and get the new color..?"

01/09/2008 08:45:53PM Agent (Tabatha): "I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

01/09/2008 08:45:58PM Agent (Tabatha): "I will be more than happy to assist...
(continues)
techguy22

Jan 9, 2008, 9:21 PM
Yeah I had sprint once. They are a rumor mill so i wouldn't put too much stock in to what they said.
ReaperTut

Jan 11, 2008, 5:09 PM
i work for sprint at the moment. and that has been released in our playbook... i back up the rumor. as to it looking cool. i don't back that. two reasons, not a fan of green and i don't know what it looks like or what kind of green it is.
Punky_kitty2

Jan 15, 2008, 2:30 PM
This is very true I have only worked for sprint for about three months. But I do notice they spread alot of stuff. But I know for sure the there is going to be a green rumar.
finest

Jan 10, 2008, 9:42 AM
the only carrier to get the ie green "rumor" and a cooper one will be alltel--sprint may one day pick them up but as of right now its just alltel!
tc1uscg

Feb 15, 2008, 12:16 AM
What is strange, someone who works for Sprint said late last year, they ASKED employees to "vote" (translations=select) on a new color. Out of the 4, most straw polled employees picked PURPLE. Where the hell this green came from is strange. But the delay was due to LG's software screwup and instead of sending them to sprint screwed up, they tried to upgrade them before they left. Another option that some asked for was to add EVDO to the phone. We'll see if the month delay produces anything new.
Armand Goldman

Feb 15, 2008, 8:02 AM
The green LG LX260, which shall be launching shortly, WILL NOT be a Power Vision handset i.e. only runs on the 1xRTT data network. I already have had a chance to play with one and aside from already been flashed with the latest firmware and color refresh, it is still just a Rumor.
ReaperTut

Feb 15, 2008, 5:31 PM
and why would anyone think it'd be anything different, than just another color?? :\ people sometimes.. :::hands them thier helmet::: feel better dee dee dee?
tc1uscg

Feb 16, 2008, 3:58 PM
Yeah, ok.. and what color car do you drive? Why not just get a white or black on. Remember, no mater what color it is, it's still the same car. And we wonder why there is a seat belt law (or has to be in some peoples cases). 😲
ReaperTut

Feb 16, 2008, 4:09 PM
i drive a blue truck.. and what does the color a vehicle have to do with the color of a phone. your post makes no sense. whatever point you were trying to make. didn't come across. try again. ?? 🤨
Krugar

Jan 10, 2008, 3:08 PM
Green one will be out. Lg Rumor (Green) - 02/17/08 - Around then sometime.

Since you would be beyond your 30-days exchanging for a different color may not be possible.

Goodluck.
CSIdude42

Jan 10, 2008, 3:52 PM
Oh well I have the $7 phone protection. I have brought it back 2 times because of the software issue and it is acting up again. They asked me do I want the white one when I swapped it out so I would think the Green on would be an option. Both times they asked me 'The white and silver or the black and blue?'
labellavita

Jan 11, 2008, 9:20 PM
if you have insurance you may be able to ask for a different color. i work for a store that does not have a tech so we order new phones from the warehouse and choose what color the customer wants. when the green one comes out ask the rep if it is an option. and it sounds like you should go to a different rep, she should have known about the green rumor.
Punky_kitty2

Jan 15, 2008, 2:29 PM
Actually there is going to be a LG Green Rumar. It was suppose to be released on jan 13 to be specific. But They changed the release date to feb 17.
mogulking

Feb 26, 2008, 6:37 PM
i work for sprint. the green rumor launch date is 03/09/2008. this is a for sure thing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.