Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

VZW Palm Treo and Get it Now/VZ Navigator

mgiroux236

Oct 17, 2007, 12:31 PM
I am really interested in getting the Treo 700wx, but have been holding off because of the no Get it now and/or no VZ navigator with a smart phone. I have been talking to VZW firmware techs since the begining of the year and they keep telling me it has something to do with security, but something should/may be coming...

Anyone heard anything? I really like the VZ Navigator option on my current phone, Krzr, and at this point not really willing to give it up....
Ghosthendrikson

Oct 19, 2007, 3:41 PM
Only smart phone on the VZW line up that is Vcast capable is the Q phones. As always that is subject to change.

PS When they say its a "security" issue, it's only an issue of protecting revenue streams. Just like disabling OBEX transfers was for our protection..... 😳

However, this could simply be a software/firmware issue. As soon as the suits okay it, I am sure they could bust out a firmware update.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.