Home  ›  Forums  ›

Rumor Mill

all discussions

show all 13 replies

VZW Insiders: anything new???

Marsha9

Jun 26, 2007, 2:25 PM
Hello,

I was told by a VZW salespeople the other day that there are no new phones coming out till holidays 2007! Is it true???

I've been sitting on my upgrade for months now, waiting for a phone to come out that I like. Meanwhile, my old phone is beginning to break down. I'm going crazy checking the VZW and phonescoop websites every day for something new.

Anyone got the inside scoop on upcoming phones?

Thanks!
Marsha
JAnthon88

Jul 1, 2007, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't call myself an insider but here's information that's been made public...

The new LG Chocolate (VX8550) will be released this month. Motorola W385 will be released this month. Motorola Z6m will be released some time in Q3 and Motorola RAZR2 will be released some time in Q3. There's plenty of good stuff coming 🙂. The 385 is a mid-level phone that features bluetooth, a VGA camera and probably VZNavigator. The rest are fairly high end. Info can be found here or on phonearena.com
TorabisuDandois

Jul 1, 2007, 7:21 PM
Verizon is coming out with the "iPhone Killer" later this summer. It is most likely a re-vamped version of the LG Prada, which is AMAZING.
cjsdad

Jul 1, 2007, 11:42 PM
Verizon website just went to "while supplies last" next to the LG 8600. Thought for a second that it may have refered to the 3 free 5300's you can get by buying the 8600, but there are many other phones with the free 5300 offer and none of them have the "while supplies last" logo next to them. Is the 8600 going away, or is it being upgraded? What about the 8300?? It's long overdue for an upgrade.
ABLINDKID

Jul 2, 2007, 11:12 AM
they discontinued the 8600 they are no longer selling it to make way for new phones to come out
cjsdad

Jul 2, 2007, 12:58 PM
Yeah, the LG site has the new "V" on its front page. Looks just like the enV except 1.3 MP camera instead of the 2.0 on the enV.Looks like they upgraded the music and video capabilities of the enV.
MichaelBB

Jul 2, 2007, 2:21 PM
Yep get something new and than lock it down or take away the features that you really want.

IPhone killer, ROFLMAO, 🤣 yea right, gonna take allot to do that. Thats too funny, thats like saying AT&T's Data speeds are comparable to VZW and Sprints
matrix2004

Jul 2, 2007, 9:27 PM
Your laugh is premature...all the new phones coming this summer are combined an "Iphone killer" but especially the LG KS20.
JoMc

Apr 7, 2008, 8:34 AM
I just hope we don't have to wait untill 2010 when verizon and at&t are supposed to have 700 mhz / 4g broad band going. Wonder if or what new phones they'll have out then? Personally I don't care for the Iphone. I don't want to have to connect to a reg pc just to acctivate my phone. I like just dialing a number and the phone is up & going. I also like my battery being sepperate from the phone so if/when the battery dies I don't have to ship my whole phone back. The voyager and the samsung i760 were also supposed to be iphone killers. I have the samsung i760. I love it!! Came with two batterys also. That's just a plus period. Jo
Kendallish

Apr 7, 2008, 7:05 AM
I went to the LG website and didn't see the new ENV there. Can you provide a link? THANKS!
matrix2004

Jul 2, 2007, 9:29 PM
The 8300 8500 and 8600 are being discontinued. The next gen LG phones are coming in a few weeks.
BCD

Jul 2, 2007, 3:27 PM
It is the LG Prada coming in July. It is already in Europe. We had a few of them in our store the other day. All of us fell in love! It is so nice.
matrix2004

Jul 2, 2007, 9:32 PM
LG confirmed the Prada is not coming to the U.S. but instead the next gen Prada aka KS20 is already here and being tested, presumibly by Verizon sine they get most of their phones and to compete against the EVIL EMPIRE'S phone.
matrix2004

Jul 2, 2007, 10:57 PM
Here's a pic of the KS20. This is actually the European GSM version but the CDMA version should be very similar.

http://beta.zooomr.com/photos/26054@Z01/860799/ »

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.