Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 15 replies

wirefly

indecisive1

Oct 14, 2006, 8:01 PM
Does anything know about www.wirefly.com?
Wireless Buddy

Oct 14, 2006, 8:08 PM
I've heard lots of horror stories about those types of websites (inphonic, wirefly...)

Think about it: They are giving you a phone for free in which Verizon is charging $70 for.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
ndnmndm

Oct 14, 2006, 8:14 PM
YEA ITS A GOOD AND REAL SITE , the prices on there are real, most of the time your on a year or 2 year contract, but its worth it , they have good phones , and mail in rebates for all the phones after a certain period of time, i had purchased 2 moto razr from them, and after rebate got a full rebate of what i payed!
Wireless Buddy

Oct 14, 2006, 8:17 PM
But why would they do that? There has to be a catch!
lilmissqt28

Oct 15, 2006, 12:07 PM
I was adding an extra line to my husbands existing account and I ordered from wirefly. I told them I wanted to move from his single plan to the family 700 minute plan and they assured me all would be fine. I got the 6682 free. The person taking my order wasn't very reassuring to me and didn't ask me many questions so a few minutes later I checked the confirmation E-Mail and she had put me on the single line 900 minute plan with the extended nights and weekends and a text package.. none of which I asked for and was reassured I was being put on a Family plan. It's just not worth it!!!!
switchy85

Oct 17, 2006, 8:47 PM
Really doesn;t help that they are being sued about their fraudulent reabtes. (Ex: having to mail the rebate in with 120 days worth of bills within 120 days of buying the phone. Not to mention that they have double cancellation fees, fees for changing your plan, features, etc.)
Rich Brome

Oct 18, 2006, 5:26 PM
They are part of InPhonic, the largest online seller of phones with service in the US. They are a public company.
indecisive1

Oct 20, 2006, 12:06 PM
I have heard nothing but good things. People keep talking about double cancellation fees. But the idea of canceling hopefully won't be an issue.
jareddude42

Oct 22, 2006, 2:27 PM
how about the lack of face to face customer service. i know i probably speak for any cell phone employeee in here. we deal with a lot of issues from mixed uop plans to bad phones and all that fun stuff and we get the nice penny pinching people in here that want us to be able to wait on them hand and foot. but wait a minute you didnt buy this from me or any of my stores you wanted to save few bucks and go online and get it so you can also save me a few bucks by calling them and getting answers from wirefly. so go ahead buy online good luck with that..
indecisive1

Oct 23, 2006, 11:53 AM
I appreciate your gesture of luck, but no one forced you to reply to my ad. I was just simplying asking an opinion. I remember a time when I worked customer serviced getting raised hell @ b/c of some dirty dealer who had completly conned them just to make a sale. I am not saying you are like that, but it is business you are going to have dirty players down every avenue.
jareddude42

Oct 23, 2006, 12:15 PM
this is true i was just telling you that. in fact yesterday i had a customer who bought a phone in the bay area like 300 miles away and they sold him on a local plan and told him all this crazy stuff sure enough it was a radio ahack that sold it to him. at a corperate stores the people are better trained on plans and promos and rates and terms and conditions and held accountable for more in most cases i know at least in my case if i blatently lie to a customer to get a sale thats like lieing to my company and i will be fired
indecisive1

Oct 24, 2006, 11:33 AM
It happens, often too much. You you have to watch the some of the unauthorized dealers. When I worked for T-mobile customer care they had the 3-day weekend. I had several people call in who was sold new service on that plan way after that plan was no longer offered. They would cross it out on contract and write in 3day weekend. Well you can imagine the overage this caused. Nonethless, the company I work for offers a corperate rate so I want to find the best deal Ican find on the phone and then I will contact customer service to migrate to a business plan. Is this wrong, possibly in some's eyes. However the big cell phone entities have a lot deeper pockets than mine. However I know that still no justification. Do you have any suggestion for...
(continues)
jareddude42

Oct 24, 2006, 6:11 PM
no your not wrong your doing your job to get the customer the best deal on the services he needs if you charge something to somebody and they find out they could get the same for less they will be mad
ralph_on_me

Oct 24, 2006, 6:24 PM
If you purchase from an online retailer and do that they may charge you an ETF. Just read the terms and conditions very carefully before proceeding with the purchase. Buying 3rd party makes it the consumers liability instead of the corporations.
mharvey

Nov 14, 2006, 10:59 AM
I bought two Sprint Katana phones from Wirefly. The phones did come but Wirefly is very difficult to deal with. The customer service is horrible. It is very difficult to get them on the phone (very long hold times) and they do not often understand english very well.

Watch out for them sticking you with a charge for "Device Protection". They will offer to sign you up for a $50/year plan to protect your phone. I did not sign up and I have a printed copy of my receipt to prove it. That did not stop them from adding the charge to my order after the fact. They have billed my credit card for the $50 and they refuse to remove the charge. I have filed a BBB complaint and disputed that charge with my credit card.
ralph_on_me

Nov 14, 2006, 11:10 AM
The parent company of wirefly, inPhonic has been in the news recently for their business practices, and even sued by the attorney general of Washington DC for it's difficult and often impossible to obtain rebates.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.