Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 8 replies

full keyboard-no data for older people

renoskichic

May 18, 2011, 3:17 PM
My mom has become quite the "texter". I pay for her phone and we have att. I am out of my "strong hold" contract so I just want to purchase her a cell phone from a 3rd party that has a full keyboard but does not have a data plan. Can anyone recommend a easy to use full keyboard, no-data plan phone that would be great for someone over 65? Simple -- she only does call/voice mail and text and a picture once in a while. Thanks so much. I am just not a tech type girl but want to make her life easier and I can't imagine doing a text with the old flip phones. Have a great day! Snow here in Tahoe--AGAIN> 🙂
llama

May 18, 2011, 5:41 PM
LG Ellipse...
BMDroid

May 18, 2011, 6:54 PM
You don't need a 'third party' you just buy whatever you want at full price or get something on eBay.
pickles

May 18, 2011, 8:02 PM
Get a pantech ease

reno is better than tahoe. if you're from reno, quit talking about tahoe like you live there. it's embarrassing. and if you're from tahoe, i'm sorry that sucks.
Fredd

May 19, 2011, 8:40 AM
There are many Quick Messaging phones (full keyboard, non-smartphone) on AT&T. None of those require a data plan. If you do not wish to enter a contract, you can purchase at full retail from AT&T, may be able to get direct from the manufacturer, or try your luck on the web.
AccessoryGeeks

May 31, 2011, 1:04 PM
The Pantech Impact is a great phone for messaging. It is a flip/slider phone, but it has a full QWERTY keyboard and does not require a data plan.
melaimaglente

Jun 5, 2011, 2:35 PM
Fear not - your thumbs will never be bored again. The Sanyo Innuendo┞¢ by Kyocera is a virtual playground for text-happy digits. Flip it open sideways to expose a large 2.8-inch display and full QWERTY keyboard for quick texts. Or shoot off status updates on your favorite social networking sites such as Facebook® or MySpace with dedicated social networking tiles and emoticon shortcut keys. Plus, with Sprint One Click you can customize your phone with the things you use most - email, music, GPS navigation and Web with Google Search┞¢. It's a must-have for anyone with places to go and people to see.
melaimaglente

Jun 5, 2011, 2:36 PM
If you're looking for serious performance and standout style, look no further. The Samsung Seek┞¢ is an intuitive touchscreen phone with a full QWERTY keyboard that makes messaging a snap. It comes complete with threaded text messaging, pre-loaded Instant Messenger and options to sync personal and work e-mail and calendars. In vibrant colors, the stylish yet affordable Samsung Seek┞¢ lets you stay a step ahead of the fashion curve without putting a serious dent in your wallet.
melaimaglente

Jun 5, 2011, 2:36 PM
The new LG Rumor Touch┞¢ lets you snap it, text it, send it or post it - fast. Upload, store or share pics, videos or the latest news. Let nothing go unsaid with all the mobile, social features you need to be the one who keeps others in the loop. With a full, sliding QWERTY keyboard and access to the most dependable 3G network, mobile e-mail, Web browsing and social networking features, you can let your fingers and the rumors fly!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.