Home  ›  Forums  ›

General

all discussions

show all 14 replies

SPRINT AND VERIZON SERIVCE

ANTM08

Mar 22, 2008, 10:36 PM
OK, I WAS JUST WONDERING.. I WANTED TO BUY THIS PHONE THE VENUS FROM VERIZON.. SINCE I DONT HAVE VERIZON.. I WANTED TO USE IT UNDER SPRINT CDMA SERVICE.. SINCE SPRINT AND VERIZON IS UNDER CDMA.. BUT DO U THINK THAT IT IS POSSIBLE TO USE THIS PHONE UNDER SPRINT.. SINCE SPRINT DOESNT HAVE A GOOD VARIETY OF PHONES?
ac4321

Mar 22, 2008, 11:07 PM
Won't work. Sprint does have a good variety of phones, just different ones. Regardless, the ESN of a Verizon phone is not loaded into the billing and activations systems for Sprint to use.
JoMc

Mar 26, 2008, 9:02 AM
just thinking out loud here.... wouldn't it be great if sprint and verizon merged? sprints contracts/plans with verizons phones?? 🤤 Jo
llama

Mar 26, 2008, 9:10 AM
But VZW likes to make a profit and apparently Sprint hasn't figured that one out yet. Won't happen.
JoMc

Mar 26, 2008, 9:25 AM
Just daydreaming.....LOL Jo ps did you have to kill the dream so quick? (g)
E3E J-villa

Mar 27, 2008, 10:33 AM
WHY IS THE CAPS ON? ARE YOU YELLING? 🤣 lol
mellowlen62

Apr 5, 2008, 10:53 PM
Verizon has phenomenal customer service. Sprint? Not so much...
golem22

Apr 7, 2008, 12:51 PM
Most customer service issues originate from customer stupidity... like parents getting 300sms plans for there teenaged daughters then crying about the overage.
jwinch04

Apr 8, 2008, 1:52 PM
Most customer service issues originate from customer stupidity... like parents getting 300sms plans for there teenaged daughters then crying about the overage.

the gods honest truth, granteed newere u go u can have bad cust service, but face it, most ppl who call in are stupid, if everyone new how to run there phone, there would be no need for cust service. and sprint has the best pda's available for your general knowlege. as far as flashy phones stick with verison, phones do look nice.
DANGER13

Apr 7, 2008, 8:23 PM
its called flashing the phones as long as its a cdma phone yes it will work ur only problem is finding a service center that will flash the phone for u and paying the fee for it
ac4321

Apr 8, 2008, 3:08 PM
Not the only problem... as said, Verizon ESNs are not loaded into Sprint's activation and billing systems. Customer facing reps do not have access to the systems to do so. If not in the system, when you try to activate it, you'll just get the error indicating the ESN was not found...
mocha721

Mar 23, 2008, 11:17 PM
You know, I often wonder the same thing myself. I have Sprint and the phones that they offer us are far less superior than what the other carriers offer their customers. I've had my eye on the Venus, Voyager, Shine and now the Glimmer. I hope we can get a clear answer for your question. I have my fingers crossed!
BigShowJB

Mar 24, 2008, 7:03 PM
ac's answer was not clear enough?
golem22

Apr 7, 2008, 1:05 PM
wait till june then sprint will have blackberry curve, also they will get the instinct.
DANGER13

Apr 7, 2008, 9:02 PM
U CAN FLASH IT AND USE IT HOWEVER YOU WILL RUN THE RISK OF BEING ABLE TO USE SOM EOF THE FEATURES FROM YOUR COMPANY BY DOING THIS

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2019 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.