Home  ›  Forums  ›

Accessories

all discussions

lg 9800 phone modem for laptop

tlynn1957

May 27, 2006, 1:55 PM
Hello Does anyone know if it is possible to use an LG9800 as a modem for a laptop? I used to have a motorola V710 that I used as a modem after I installed snapdialer software. Wasnt real fast but with download accelerator installed it was pretty good. Like to do the same thing with my LG9800. Thanks!
granteezie

May 27, 2006, 7:38 PM
yeah, you totally can. it's called tethering and it is way fast.it is 60 bucks a month though.
tlynn1957

May 29, 2006, 7:57 AM
Hello With the v710 I putchased software and a data link cable (connects the phone to the pc thru a usb port) and was on the internet. I have not heard of nor have used tethering. Nor would I spend 60 dollars a month for this service. Might there be any software available that would cause the 9800 to operate as a modem? I can purchase the data link cable from verizon but I have not yet found software to use the phone as a modem. This is what I am trying to do. The cost is much less per month. Any further help is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Tlynn
granteezie

May 30, 2006, 4:48 PM
not that i know of.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.