Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Research Question - How Many Current 3G Subscribers by Provider?

JSchreidl

Apr 26, 2005, 1:17 PM
I would appreciate any help or referring articles that can tell me the number of current data customers for the following providers:

1. Verizon's CDMA EV-DO service (both phone and data card - if separate, even better)
2. Sprint PCS' current CDMA 1xRTT service (both phone and data card as above)
3. Cingular Wireless' UMTS service (which is available in six markets so far)
4. T-Mobile's nationwide HotSpot service ($29.99 for unlimited access at over 5,400 locations nationwide)

And finally (if possible), approximately how many regular users of Wi-Fi not subscribing to T-Mobile's HotSpot service.

The latest nationwide numbers would be great. Also is there any way that the data can be extrapolated for a particular market? Thank you f...
(continues)
nextel18

Apr 26, 2005, 9:17 PM
i have the sprint numbers....

http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=6300 »

At the end of the period, there were 8.0 million data subscribers, including more than 6.7 million Sprint PCS VisionSM subscribers. For the full quarter, data revenues contributed $6.00 to ARPU.

----

verizon's numbers=

The company has 16.6 million data customers -- more than one-third of all its customers. (this isnt on ev-do. they are coming out with their earnings soon so wait till that happens becuase they will probably mention about Vcast and ev-do)

http://news.vzw.com/news/2005/01/pr2005-01-27.html »

---

cingular and tmobile i dont know.. i suggest going to the web sites and going to the latest 10q.

----

good luck 🙂
JSchreidl

Apr 27, 2005, 10:33 AM
😁 Thanks Nextel18! I was able to find the same numbers and paragraph from Sprint from their website too. I've been looking EVERYWHERE online for hours for the other data. I've combed through their detailed quarterly SEC reports and wasn't able to find them on there. I just think that those numbers haven't been released at all by the carriers - at least not yet.

I emailed their investor relations departments as well, but not very optimistic on the outcome. If I do find those subscriber numbers, I'll post them here as an FYI.

Thanks!
nextel18

Apr 27, 2005, 10:41 AM
no problem...

verizon just came out with their earnings and still no reports on the DO. so it looks like they arent going to be adding anything to their numbers. i mean you can guess with vzw and say about 100k. (it wont be a big number becuase of the price) you can ask investor relations, but i would wait atleast 3 more quarters with vzw.

as for sprint, well you got their vision which is 1xrtt and not DO. DO wont be on the network for a few quarters or so. so you can take those 1x numbers.

as for cingular umts/hsdpa didnt deploy yet so we should wait till it deploys. ask IR too.

tmobile i belive is very difficult to see exactly what it was. i mean i can see and find the data for it but i dont think its categorized like that. ...
(continues)
pcrisp07

Apr 30, 2005, 11:56 AM
nextel18 said:
as for cingular umts/hsdpa didnt deploy yet so we should wait till it deploys. ask IR too.

Cingular does have UMTS service in 6 markets that they acquired from the AT&T merger. Although they are only offering two handsets.
nextel18

Apr 30, 2005, 12:35 PM
sorry i ment hsdpa.
Disciple247365

May 4, 2005, 3:30 PM
pcrisp07 said:
Cingular does have UMTS service in 6 markets that they acquired from the AT&T merger. Although they are only offering two handsets.

Which markets? Which handsets? I'm not aware of any umts handsets offered by the company.
zjc2a

Apr 26, 2005, 9:38 PM
Verizon's EV-DO is the only real 3G technology available (Well 6 cities with UMTS and crappy phones). So not many, I would venture 100,000. That does not answer the numbered questions but the titles of your post.

-Z

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.