Home  ›  Forums  ›

Wireless Data

all discussions

Bluetooth Adapters for non-bluetooth phones

aml05

Mar 21, 2005, 11:34 AM
Can someone give me more information about this? Is this available and what will you be able to do using the adapter?

All I am looking to do is have a phone that will also be able to sync up with my bluetooth enabled vehicle (Chrysler / UConnect). Would using an adapter on a non-bluetooth work for this?

Thanks for any advice!
darkknezz

Mar 21, 2005, 12:07 PM
Motorola Bluetooth Wireless Adapter DC600 - $39.95

The new DC600 attaches easily to your phone allowing non-Bluetooth capable Motorola phones to use Bluetooth companion products by Motorola. Compatible with the Motorola Wireless Car Kit, Portable Wireless Speaker, Wireless Headsets HS800**, HS810, HS820 and Bluetooth® USB PC Adapter. Motorola T720, T720i, T720c, T721, T722, T722i, T730, T731, V400, V300, V60p, V60i series, V60it Color, V60x, V66i, E310, V810, V120t, V120x and V120e phones.
aml05

Mar 21, 2005, 3:13 PM
Thanks for the response, are there any adapters that would work on non-Motorola car kits? The bluetooth/Uconnect feature I have was factory installed by Chrysler and the hardware is by JCI (Johnson Controls...also used on the Honda's and Acura's).
momcat1

Apr 3, 2005, 7:22 PM
The DC600 is for certain Motorola phones, not car kits. For the phones it works with it does work well. If your phone is not Motorola, I think you're out of luck. I've been researching this and the only Bluetooth connectivity I've found for non-Motorola phones is for the headset.

The phones the DC600 works with are listed on Motorola's site.
donvito

Apr 6, 2005, 2:19 PM
i'm using/was using a scala 500 epg/w bluetooth adapter was not bad sound quality on my end was very good but i people sometimes thougt i was on a speaker
i gave it to my friend he has a bluetooth phone
i wasn't to hapy w/bat life whaen used w/adaptor and u got to be care full not to reset the two

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.