Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Has this happened to you?

SuperSerge76

Dec 24, 2006, 1:14 PM
I work in a Verizon Mall Store, and someone just walked in and (No Joke) asked me if I sold Cingular Prepaid Phones. ๐Ÿคจ I had to choke back my laughter and tell him no. Anyone experience this?
cingcing

Dec 24, 2006, 1:16 PM
Constantly.
ondisplay

Dec 24, 2006, 1:17 PM
happens at least twice a week
SuperSerge76

Dec 24, 2006, 1:36 PM
OK How about this:

Theres a calender Kiosk in front of my store. So Usually when I stand outside my store, the owner of the calender kiosk is usually missing. So when customers start browsing the calenders, they come to me with their potential calandar purchases and ask me if I work at the calendar kiosk.

I then point to my Verizon Laniard and say no...
katrina

Dec 24, 2006, 2:43 PM
Yep, I have something very similar to this all day every day :-/

When I was at a (corporate) retail store (free-standing mind you) people sometimes came in to try to pay their bill with a different carrier lol
cingcing

Dec 24, 2006, 2:47 PM
"Yes, but I can only accept cash." ๐Ÿ˜‰
chainsaw

Dec 24, 2006, 3:28 PM
Yes, I sell cingular and I have people come in and ask if they can pay their cricket bill.
the6357

Dec 26, 2006, 8:35 AM
is cricket nation wide?
chrystie

Dec 24, 2006, 3:37 PM
i think it's that people have this notion that we're all the same
Nikoletta

Dec 24, 2006, 4:56 PM
I sell BigPink stuff, only BigPink... I was in the Accessory department at the time and got a caller "Do you guys sell Virgin Mobile Accessories." "No ma'am, like I said, this is BigPink, we only carry BigPink accessories." Oyi.
kiosk_hell

Dec 26, 2006, 9:33 AM
Almost daily. We also get a lot of people who ask if we have prepaid, usually while standing directly in front of said prepaid phones. When I tell them we sell Boost and Virgin Mobile, they say, "no, does SPRINT sell prepaid", and we play the repeat game for a few minutes. Finally I have to point at the prepaid and say, "these are the only phones you can get on prepaid service. The other phones are CONTRACT ONLY."

"Yeah, but do you have prepaid?"

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.