Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Why would I?

ondisplay

Sep 17, 2006, 11:05 AM
So first thing this morning I get a call. The guy wants to know if we sell cingular, no, we're a vzw agent.

So then the genius on the other end says
"Well your listed right next to them in the phone book, can you tell me their number? You should know it."

Me "...no, you'll probably want to check the phone book again."
jareddude42

Sep 17, 2006, 12:48 PM
had one he came in i was like " hi how you doing today"

cust. you talking to me or the door

me. uhhhh you i thought

cust. o you guys cell like these(points to the landline phone at my terminal)

Me. no sir just wireless phones and internet

cust. what is says sprint thats a phone company

me. well sir we are a wireless store

cust. well where i can get this?(points to landline again)

me. i dunno man maybe best buy or wal mart
raycarroll70

Sep 17, 2006, 12:52 PM
Sprint no longer does landline services. LOL! Sprint spun off the Local Telephone Division/LTD a few months ago. The new company is called Embarq and led by Dan Hesse, former CEO and President of AT&T Wireless.
www.embarq.com
jareddude42

Sep 17, 2006, 12:54 PM
thanks for your lesson in sprint history i have been an employee of the big yellow and black for a year now (legacy nextel) i know how it all went down
raycarroll70

Sep 17, 2006, 12:57 PM
Sadly customer's don't. When I worked for AT&T Wireless, I had customers try to return landline phones they were renting from AT&T and would try to pay their AT&T long distance as well as WorldNet internet service in the store so i can sympathize with your situation.
peanutblue

Sep 18, 2006, 10:33 AM
Yep. I work for a Cingular agent and a lot of folks buy a phone as part of a bundle with Bellsouth, get it mailed to them, and don't understand why I can't do anything with their new phone AND fix problems with their bellsouth DSL, too.
ralph_on_me

Sep 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
Do their phone ever get shut off for non-payment even when they've paid? Ours are bundled with ATT(SBC) out here, and it happens all the freaking time. Then I get to explain how they write a check to ATT who then turns around and writes us one, and then that their bills are already a month delayed because of combined billing.

Such joy.
djatvzw

Sep 17, 2006, 12:58 PM
wtf ray. where do these little bits of info come from that have no relevance to the topic whatsoever. the customer wouldn't know that. the customer for the main part knows sprint did landline. the point was about the customer asking for a phone not how some selloff of sprint ltd went down geeesh. 🙂
raycarroll70

Sep 17, 2006, 1:00 PM
I can tell someone forgot to have his fiber and prune juice this morning before wortk. LOL!
jareddude42

Sep 17, 2006, 1:34 PM
lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.