Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

Maybe this'll learn 'em

Foamy

Aug 22, 2006, 3:48 PM
🤣

I work in a little strip mall in a town that's parking meter crazed. Behind my store I have 5 parking spots for me and my customers. I take up one leaving only 4.

Every day people from the surrounding businesses park in these spots, and despite the repeated signs I've plastered to their car it hasn't stopped. Or even slowed down.

Today was the wrong day to keep it up. I have a headache and am not in the mood to print up a sign and tape it to their car.

So, I called the police department. Every person parked in one of those spots that has not stepped foot in my store today now has a parking ticket waiting for them when they come back outside.

Hopefully they'll spread the word that I'm not messing around any longer. Ei...
(continues)
Jennyboo

Aug 22, 2006, 3:59 PM
Regulator Foamy!!

🤣
GodHatesMe

Aug 22, 2006, 4:04 PM
Good job man.
Foamy

Aug 22, 2006, 4:31 PM
Thanks.

There was a little crowd gathered as the tickets were being written, so hopefully word will spread.

And they know it was me who made the call because I personally signed the tickets.
driven2insanity

Aug 22, 2006, 4:33 PM
Wow. Just not putting up with that today!
ralph_on_me

Aug 22, 2006, 4:36 PM
That's freakin great Foamy!
AG050

Aug 23, 2006, 3:25 PM
dude, that is great 😈
Foamy

Aug 22, 2006, 4:56 PM
I just had somebody come in to my store to complain about the ticket.

I just smiled and pointed out that there's a sign that clearly states not to park there.

I told her to take it up with the police department.
Jennyboo

Aug 22, 2006, 4:58 PM
🤣

lovely stupid people
s13driftingTX

Aug 22, 2006, 6:48 PM
That's freakin' great.
GodHatesMe

Aug 22, 2006, 7:20 PM
That's hilarious. The Police let you sign the tickets?
3ntropy

Aug 23, 2006, 9:39 AM
...so stupid people aren't just relegated to the cell phone industry? you mean there are mor of them OUT THERE?!!?
Foamy

Aug 24, 2006, 9:16 AM
Actually, I had to sign it.

I'm considered the complainant... or something along those lines.
3ntropy

Aug 23, 2006, 9:39 AM
did you sign the tickets "foamy"? 😁
Nikoletta

Aug 23, 2006, 5:26 PM
So updates? Are you having parking trouble today?
Foamy

Aug 24, 2006, 9:21 AM
I actually had yesterday off, so I'm not sure how well it worked.

I did feel a little bad... not much, just a tiny bit... that it was a patient of the dentist next door that got one of them and not somebody who really deserved it.

I know of several repeat offenders that park there. Those are the ones I'm gunning for. And if I see any of them parking there again... tickets for them.

The sad thing of it all is, most of these people probably don't care. I work in a very rich town, so they've all got money to throw around. These tickets don't actually hurt them.
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 3:04 PM
It still shows on their record though doesn't it?
Foamy

Aug 24, 2006, 3:26 PM
Parking tickets don't accrue points or anything because they're not a moving violation.

The only way a parking ticket could effect anything outside of their wallet is if they didn't bother to pay it.

As far as I know anyway. I've only ever received one parking tickets, and I wasn't driving my car, so it wasn't even in my name.
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:30 PM
I got a parking ticket that I received in the school parking lot. I never paid it and I've never heard anything about it, even when I got pulled over last year. I got the parking ticket in '99. So, who knows what happened.
Foamy

Aug 24, 2006, 3:33 PM
Some places don't bother to enforce parking tickets. Records of such are often sketchy, at best. Depends on the area. Some places are really anal about parking tickets and will put a boot on your car.

Judging by the general stick up the ass nature of the city I work in, they'd probably go the boot route.
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:35 PM
They're usually really strict about stuff like that here in Cali. Maybe they took pity on my cuz my car was crappy and I was just a high school kid waiting for his permit.
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 3:44 PM
Ah learn something new every day. Brain Wrinkles. But you know if they're really ****y little snots like that maybe they won't pay it. We can hope.
xIsamuTM

Aug 24, 2006, 9:41 AM
way to spread the passive agressiveness.
Hayate

Aug 24, 2006, 2:59 PM
People suck when it comes to parking. I used to work at a GameStop in a strip center next to an Albertson's. There was plenty of parking close by and the lot was never full. Regardless, on an almost daily basis I would get people that would literally pull in front of the red curb in front of our store and just stop their car, get out, and come into our store to browse. They were completely blocking traffic trying to turn into the lot (our store was on the end near the main entrance to the strip center).

After seeing this so many times, I started making people get back into their car and park in a parking spot before I would help them. People would get really angry when I asked them to do that. I actually had a few people yell at me ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:03 PM
The world revolves around them, don't you know that?

Are you in Cali by chance? I didn't know Albertson's existed outside of Cali. They're owned by Safeway and are branded differently in different states. Just curious.
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 3:05 PM
We have Alberstons here too, in Idaho.
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:06 PM
Cool, I learned something new today. I think I already told you, but my brother and his wife live in Idaho. I actually have a lot of family there.
ralph_on_me

Aug 24, 2006, 3:07 PM
They're in Texas too.
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:09 PM
Wow. In some markets they are branded Safeway or Ralphs and various other names. The original owners of Albertson's (who were bought by another company recently) bought the chain Lucky's. Did you guys have those there, too?
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 3:18 PM
We actually have both Safeway and Alberston, there are two of each in the town I live in. The Safeways tend to be more upscale, a little classier than the Albertsons. They also have higher prices unless you get their specials but the one Safeway has a super nice bakery.
biscuit

Aug 24, 2006, 3:29 PM
I think Albertson's started in Boise Idaho. There is a nice park there named after Kathryn Albertson's, very pretty!! We also have Albertson's in Montana. I think it is a western state kind of thing. I didn't know there were any in Texas, I learned something new today!! We also have Safeway's here, so I don't know if those ones are owned by the Albertson's people.
I have never heard of a Lucky's, is that a grocery store??
And that is my random input on the Albertson's comment. And also- more related to the beginning of this thread- I used to work at a place that had a select number of parking spots in a little strip mall, and everyone from the other stores would park in my area, it used to make me crazy. I don't have that problem where I ...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:32 PM
Yeah, Lucky's used to be a grocery store until Albertson's bought them.
Nikoletta

Aug 24, 2006, 3:11 PM
What part of Idaho, there's always a chance I've met them. We're pretty close as far as towns go up here.
craptacularwireless

Aug 24, 2006, 3:14 PM
Somewhere near Idaho Falls. I'm not sure. I need to ask him. He's in New York right now for vacation. When he gets back he's supposed to call me about signing up with Verizon (he had US Cellular who sold their license to Alltel in that area) when he gets back. I'll let you know then.🙂
Hayate

Aug 24, 2006, 3:28 PM
I'm in Arizona. My GameStop stories are all from Phoenix.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.