Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Ooo a Good port In Story

GWFOX

Jul 30, 2004, 9:18 AM
Oh y'all will get a kick out of this.

Normally when I call he port IN center I have zero trouble with them. They know what they are doing, they know stuff.

This guy is green. I know, I know folks it happens.

ME: Hi I'm calling from ******* regarding a port-IN.

REP: Umm can I have your sales ID? Your location? Your region?

ME: This is the number I need help with ###-###-####

REP: Umm this company the number is coming from? I don't have a contact number. I can't reach them.

ME: Ok.

REP: So.. what do I do?

ME: I don't know. I don't work the port-IN center.

REP: Can you hold on a minute?

ME: Sure

REP: It looks like a land line port into wireless. I'll need to transfer you to the landline services

ME: Huh?
(continues)
2Rails

Jul 30, 2004, 10:52 AM
this is slightly outside the wireless realm, but a good one none the less...

buddy of mine had SBC DSL service, and moved from one apartment to another in the same city (actually less than 3 blocks away). in trying to get his DSL service moved to the new place he was told 3 things by 3 different reps:
1) he'd already cancelled his service
2) they'd already moved his service, and installed it 2 weeks ago (this is 2 days after he moved in)
3) that he never even had an account with them, and he would need to contact his DSL provider

that was the end of his association with SBC, who he also had his home phone service with. he bought a cell phone and got road runner that day
tequilasundae

Aug 5, 2004, 10:18 AM
f@#$ SBC in their mother@#$$$$ ^sses....dont' get me started with those idiots..
the ad came on TV with Damon Wayans, saying network your computers for $50...i called them up...first she said new subscribers only, then i told them i resigned last month,,,i then asked if it was wireless, she said sure,..i asked if it would work on the second floor ..she said sure.i opted for it..and got a wired modem!! so i tried running an ethernet cable from the upstairs. THat didn't work either...i called SBC..they said I ordered that.i said the lady told me it was wireless, and they said no, she was wrong, and a wireless is 75$ MORE. And then they told me that I could only network using the modem they sent me with the computers NEXT TO EACH OTHER. They t...
(continues)
phonepimp3376

Aug 5, 2004, 10:27 AM
Go Comcast... much more stable. Have a 1.5 GHz connection in a metro area and pull 1.7 pretty much all day...lol
tequilasundae

Aug 5, 2004, 10:48 AM
you should read this!! yahoo.com, then news then comics, the last 7 days or so of GET FUZZY! it deals w the protagonist trying to get a refund from "dull" computers...its hilarious!!
phonepimp3376

Aug 5, 2004, 11:06 AM
I'll check it out when I get home
GWFOX

Aug 5, 2004, 4:16 PM
Tequila you may like the verizon DSL. Their service people are top notch. The only issue I had was that the service didn't have enough bandwith to run 2 pcs on the 356k up/1.5mb download speed.

So I got comcast digital cable. Nice and high speeds. Love the service, hate the customer service. 🤣
tequilasundae

Aug 5, 2004, 5:21 PM
i would LOVE the verizon service...but its not available @ my house yet!! ☹️ 😢
Nos4a2

Aug 5, 2004, 5:30 PM
Yeah, but you should be golden for the Comcast svc... downloads are hella fast on cable modem. I miss it. Hate having to settle for AOHell for now...

-=Nos=-
Desperately Misses his Cable Modem
GWFOX

Aug 5, 2004, 6:01 PM
Ouch AOHell??? I'd rather be on earthlink dial-up than AOHell...

The biggest problem I have with comcast is the hefty $45 a month as compared to my $24.99 DSL.

Yeah Tequila you gotta wait for VerizonDSL to install a new DSL center within a certain radius to your house. Took me.. hmm...2 years of earthlink dialup then 1 year of northpoint DSHell before I got VZDSL.

It's funny. When I sit down to my pc I don't really get that giddy feeling I did several years ago knowing I was dialing into a master link to the world wide web. Now I kinda take it for granted and get pissed when the broadband is down or if I can't "quite" get the uber-speed I'm used to. Talk about typical human conditioning eh?
cyberpsionic

Mar 29, 2007, 7:50 PM
I'm so thankful line number portability came into effect back in November of 2003.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.