Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

i need out of my sprint plan

rb2006

Aug 9, 2006, 8:43 AM
i need to get out of my sprintpcs plan so that i can switch to a different carrier. the reason for this is that since moving my sprint coverage is nil at home and work.

how can i cancel my plan without incurring the crazy line cancellation charges? i have 3 lines on this plan and about 14 months remaining....
please please help, i'm paying for something i never use.
on top of that sometimes my phone becomes temp disconnected for no reason. i think the roaming issue might have something to do with it. the bill is always paid....
thanks in advance.
cilvzwagent

Aug 9, 2006, 9:31 AM
Just call and cancel it 😛 Good luck with not getting tacked with the ETF. But if you are paying for something you aren't using, wouldn't it be worth it? I know most of the time with our customers depending how far into their contract they are it is much more economic to just pay the ETF of $175 as opposed to spending $39.99/month for the next 10 months. And when ya are done, come on over to VZW. We'll take care of ya!
Jennyboo

Aug 9, 2006, 10:23 AM
If you call them with the new address and it shows that you are outside of coverage...or in weak coverage...they can usually help you out with the ETF's

As for your phone getting disconnected, I would have to look on your account to give you the proper answer to that.
ralph_on_me

Aug 9, 2006, 10:31 AM
Even Cingy is waiving ETFs for off network users now. It costs us so much to pay the roaming for us that it's actually cheaper for the company to waive the ETFs than to provide service continuing service.

Please be a nice consumer and return the phones to the store you purchased them from if they let you off with no ETFs. The store very likely will be losing money with that cancellation and they can make some it back by re-selling your used phones.
s13driftingTX

Aug 9, 2006, 10:21 AM
Let's see... If you have a $70 MRC (just making assumptions, I don't know what plan you have I'm going by the lowest fam. plan and an add-a-line) and have 14 months left, that would be $980. Early term fees would be $150 per line. If you can't use it cancel it, but if you expect us to tell you ways to get out of paying the ETF, you're wrong.
Jennyboo

Aug 9, 2006, 10:25 AM
If his new address is outside of the coverage area though they can usually help out with the ETF's

That wouldn't be trying to scam the company. You can't help sometimes where you move to.
s13driftingTX

Aug 9, 2006, 10:39 AM
That's probably not the issue, I know that they'll do that, but people get on here all the time asking how they can get out of their contract. If there isn't service then call, give them the address and if they can't give you service there, they probably won't hit you with the ETF. If you're just wanting out of a contract, pay the fee, you're given the option on getting out of the contract by paying the ETF.
Jennyboo

Aug 9, 2006, 10:44 AM
That is true, we do get a lot of people asking how to get out of the contract without paying but they really don't have a valid reason to other than just wanting

But I don't think that's what this person is trying to do
TEMPS33

Aug 9, 2006, 10:59 AM
Try those sites where they post your plan for change of responsibilities. See if you can find someone else to pick up the remainder of your contract.
cingcing

Aug 9, 2006, 11:13 AM
What is it that you don't understand about the word "contract"?

You signed it, now live up to it.
deeterman

Aug 9, 2006, 11:43 AM
rb quit being such a bitch you signed a deal you gave your word pay the etf and move on

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.