Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Hawaiian Customers...

GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 12:47 PM
Are really mean. I would think this was a fluke if it wasn't like this at my previous job as well. I rarely get a customer from that state that hasn't been a complete jerk to me.

Even if I'm helping them and nothing is going wrong they're still short with me and anywhere from borderline rude. Anyone else have this problem?
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 12:54 PM
Nope, I have one customer from Hawaii, and he is wonderful. Very laid back.

I did have a problem with a middle eastern man at IKEA yesterday. The man just barreled into me, but since I'm not a tiny girl and he was a smallish man, he bounced off of me mumbling under his breath. I looked at him and said "Sorry, am I in your way?" very sweetly. He frowned as he looked up at me, noticed I was a girl and looked away mumbling and growling. He pushed through my family and stalked away. Out of habit I called out, Have a nice day! Three people came up and patted me on the back. It was an interesting day.
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 1:04 PM
Maybe it's different since they call in to me and you get to deal with them face to face.
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 1:21 PM
In general, that is true. People are nasty to phone reps, mostly because you can't correct them. In a small town, like the one I'm in at the moment, I know the customer's mother, brother, preacher, teachers, kids and ilicit affairs the second they step in the door. We don't get a lot of nastiness from customers, we know where they live. But the reverse is also true, they know where I live, too.
bomb Diggity

Aug 7, 2006, 1:05 PM
You're a girl?
krickt

Aug 7, 2006, 1:22 PM
Woman, I outgrew the term "girl" 15 years ago.
bomb Diggity

Aug 7, 2006, 2:03 PM
That's good to hear.
bunnies7

Aug 7, 2006, 5:33 PM
i used to get calls from Hawaii and they were awsome, some were hard to undersatan but they were cool.
WhoDey

Aug 9, 2006, 2:03 AM
undersatan....?
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 1:19 PM
No, I'm a 21 year old guy. Why?
Whitehorse

Aug 7, 2006, 7:05 PM
I love hawaiin customers! I enjoy pronouncing the streets...

Takalookatnooki avenue, Kindawannalayya street, Doyawanna Blvd... 😁
GodHatesMe

Aug 7, 2006, 7:15 PM
I'm starting to think that my screen-name is more accurate than I thought. I hate pronouncing the street names because everytime I try to pronounce the street names they get all huffy about it and say "Actually, it's pronounced ". Of course I then have to apologize for offending another dumb @$$ customer because I mis-pronounced the F'd up street they live on.
klaydoe

Aug 8, 2006, 12:18 PM
what about the ones the North Carolina( Charlotte to be more exact)?!!
these people are all self-important and all have the worst frame of mind. it is a city full of jerks that are only there for work or school. and they all act as if the world should bend over and kiss the ground they walk on. all want a major deal for "the horrible service they always get".
you know if i get bad service from a company stop using their service !!!!!
Nikoletta

Aug 8, 2006, 12:27 PM
I've never had trouble with Hawaiian Customers, the people who make me want to kill them with a spoon are usually from Mississippi... My experience is that if a caller is from Mississippi and are in coverage (which most aren't in that state, it's not a well covered state except for a few big cities) they haven't got a credit card and if they surprise me and have one they haven't got the dollar for the hold on it (We don't generally charge anything if it's a free phone but we have to put a dollar hold on the card for the address match... and how in the hell do you not have a dollar on your card and not know it??) and if, shock of shocks, the card has the dollar then they've got a deposit.

I don't know why it is, when I was naive and first...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.