Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

For everyone that uses Asurion

Likenonother

Jul 21, 2006, 9:04 PM
Please STOP telling customers to call Asurion when the phone has no damage and is not lost or stolen. Very few carriers have the option for out of warranty replacements, do your job and find out if your customers carrier is one of them.
Nothing ticks me off more than a dlr/tech just giving the customer our number and say "here call them to replace your phone." Then I have to tell them whatever malfunction they are having with their phone is not covered by the insurance and they want to argue with me cuase some lazy idiot refused to do their job.
By the way there is always a deductible and it is NEVER waived so MAKE SURE THE CUSTOMER IS AWARE OF THAT!!!!!!
krickt

Jul 22, 2006, 9:47 AM
Darlin', just because a customer told you he was told those things, don't make it so. We don't do Assurion, but Signal has similar rules. Most agents and reps are very good at what they do, and would not send a customer to insurance without telling them everything you just said. Give us some credit, we have been trained at least a little.
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 11:34 AM
did you ever stop to think that wireless customers can be the biggest liars and scammers in the friggin world. Dont get pissed at us just because some low life wireless customer told you that their dealer told them you could do things you cant. What do you want us to do if they ask for the phone number tell them no.. BESIDES YOU WOULDNT HAVE A TELPHONE TO HIDE BEHIND IF IT WASNT FOR US SELLING YOUR INSURANCE!!!!!!! 👿
Likenonother

Jul 22, 2006, 1:23 PM
I know customers lie, but I also know that not all of them do. I also don't assume that all techs/dlrs tell the truth or do their job correctly 100% of the time. There are liars in every aspect of this industry. Asurion carries insurance for multiple companies, so don't delude yourself into thinking that if you didn't sell it the product wouldn't exist. I like over the phones cause it keeps me pleasant. If I was in a store violence would erupt daily cause I have no tolerance.
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 2:14 PM
Then you need a new job where you don't have to deal with people then. If these carriers weren't interested in your service you would not have a job anyway. Don't delude yourself into thinking your company would exsist without us. The tur over rate must be outrageous in your call centers. Half of the tiime the reps can't even read their computer screen right so I can have the correct information. I constantly have to repeat myself and end up not getting anything resolved until I speak to a senior representative who knows WTF is going on. The only time my customers get through any insurance claim is if they have the patience to go through the automated system. If not it is guarenteed they are coming to see me again.
By the way! How many cust...
(continues)
sechrist_lds

Jul 8, 2008, 6:40 PM
Ahem hem hem... Okay... I... 👀 Wait... What? First of all, Our company started out as a roadside assistance company (which we still do) who bought out other roadside companies... Our company has 2 divisions: 1.Roadside assistance, and 2. cellular telephone insurance. So, about saying that we would go out of business, probably not. Second of all, the automated system that I have to go through when contacting a customer care rep is VERY annoying (As is ANY automated system, not just ours) Third, we file malfunction claims as well, so I have no idea why the customer would tell you we denyed them, because we file malfunction claims. I am a trainer here, and I have taken calls, and I tell my trainees how it's gonna be.
attwork

Jul 8, 2008, 7:29 PM
On bumping a 2 year old thread...It can now finaly die after your words of wisdom.
robtheman

Jul 9, 2008, 12:45 AM
After two full years of anticipation, I'm glad I finally had this post resolved. Thank you for all of the hard work you put in today. It really completed my life.
UOQuack

Jul 9, 2008, 2:14 PM
Thanks for your insights, toolboy.
Pslim77

Jul 22, 2006, 1:53 PM
Please!!!! We have no way of telling weather or not the customer has out of warranty coverage. Numerous times you idiots tell the customer that he is not covered and I call back and all of a sudden he is covered so I don't want to see your Dumb ARS posts crying about nothing. 😲
phoneguy45

Jul 22, 2006, 3:52 PM
i have a customer coming in because he dropped his phone in a glass of beer....is it okay to give him the number for asurion??? or are you gonna cry about it because you may have to do something??
lorilicious

Jul 22, 2006, 4:05 PM
That would be really helpful but unfortunatelly customers lie like there is no tomorrow. I'm in the verifications team at asurion and trust me this people that call in to get DIFFERENT models other than the one they actually own. they think we are that naive lol
Whitehorse

Jul 22, 2006, 4:18 PM
Now, smile on your brother. Everybody get together gonna love one another right now!!!

Let's all take a deep breath, not assume the worse of each other, & do our jobs to the best of our abilities... If you're gonna do it, do it right, right? 😁
Big Poppa

Jul 22, 2006, 10:44 PM
Sure thing man, we'll just go ahead and tell them to "accidently" drop it in the toliet and THEN call you!

Or we can go ahead and break it in half for them.

Dude, honestly I used to work for Asurion too. Stop bitchin about it, and just file the claim as physically damaged and make up an accident.. Thats what we used to do when I worked there.
Likenonother

Jul 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
I just started here a few months ago, I have no idea what the turn over rate is. Please beleive I had a job before I came here and I will have a job when I leave, don't get it twisted I don't depend on any customer of ANY job my employer does.
I will never place an invalid order for a customer for any reason. That's called insurance fraud and no customer is that important to me. As long as you and the customer gets your story straight before you talk to me you'll be fine. 😉
I think it's funny how everyone got pissed because I b*tched about employees instead of customers, I guess it's only acceptable to conmplain about customers on this forum. I'll try to keep that in mind from now on. 🙂
Jennyboo

Jul 24, 2006, 12:05 PM
Its fine to b!tch about employees, but the way you worded it in your original post, you made it seem like it was always the employees fault and never the customers.

Now I'm not saying every claim made is the customers fault, but there are a lot of times the customer will tell you guys that their phone didn't get wet and we don't know what we're talking about. Or if their phone is too damaged for the manufacturer to replace it, they will just tell you guys that "oh its just normal wear and tear" or "there's only a few scratches on the front" when in all actuality the phone is completely trashed. Then they get sent back to us saying you told them to get it replaced at the store, even thought they were just here and it isn't something we...
(continues)
Pslim77

Jul 24, 2006, 12:22 PM
It's not that we can't take criticizm. It's just that frustration goes both ways with the insurance experience. No harm no foul.
TacTiqs

Jul 9, 2008, 2:52 PM
I rarely hear Asurion reps complain about carrier reps...

Mostly it's the other way around. Most of the Asurion reps I talk to are rude and ignorant, based on personal experience.

Sorry you had a bad encounter though. 😕
OfAMightDivine

Jul 9, 2008, 3:00 PM
I mean really... the person who posted it hasn't made another post in about 2 years. Really, I don't think they're reading it anymore.
Tmo Slave

Jul 9, 2008, 3:13 PM
Your bumping it too....damn it so did I. 👀
attwork

Jul 9, 2008, 3:29 PM
You're posting in the wrong section of the post....You have to go through and find the dumb bastard that bumped it and give him crap for the lawlz.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.