Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 73 replies

Least Favorite Thing to Hear

Nikoletta

Apr 26, 2006, 2:45 PM
Curiously, what is your overall least favorite thing to hear when a customer calls/walks in the door? Things like

"I done been cut off and I wants to know why!"

or

"I jus wants to see if I ken get aprooved."

or

"You got dem chirp phones?"
guido1869

Apr 26, 2006, 2:47 PM
"put your hands up and give me all the money"

or what you said first, kinda even
Nikoletta

Apr 26, 2006, 2:50 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣

That made me laugh out loud.
burgundy

Apr 27, 2006, 3:19 PM
least favorite thing to hear....

"i've been w/ this company for two years and I want a new free phone!"

Like we owe them something for being a customer.... F that!!!
cingcing

Apr 26, 2006, 2:48 PM
Is this a corporate store?
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 2:52 PM
Anything that starts with Ebonics.
Nikoletta

Apr 26, 2006, 3:12 PM
Awe, give us some examples?
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 3:41 PM
Ok

"I *Aksed* you once, I'm gonna *Aks* you again, when you gonna cut my service on?!"

Yes. I have gotten that repeatedly.

Also, anyone with a Russian accent. Nothing against Russians in general, but everytime a Russian calls me, it's usually like a quadruple escalated sup call.
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 26, 2006, 3:07 PM
Nikoletta said:
"I jus wants to see if I ken get aprooved."

or

"You got dem chirp phones?"

I actually don't mind hearing these.

I think I dislike anyone that comes in here and starts off cursing about how their phone is broken and then proceeds to drop and/or throw their phone on my counter. I'm already thinking, 'Okay, they're about to become more pissed once I tell them I'm not a service center.'
Big Poppa

Apr 26, 2006, 3:22 PM
What's even funnier is this.

When working at a repair center, Cricket sends a customer to us to repair a phone under warranty because they were out of that model to replace it with, and the customer did not want the model they had available. So anyways they come in our store pissed off and they pretty much throw the phone down on the counter odering us to fix it. Saying Cricket told them it would be under F'in warranty. Here's were they get pissed... "I'm sorry sir, but seeing how you just THREW the phone, We will be unable to fix your phone under warranty. Throwing your phone like that is considered customer abuse. LoL!
Insert Witty Name Here

Apr 26, 2006, 4:06 PM
Ryan, did you see that other message in the Lounge to you?
Big Poppa

Apr 26, 2006, 5:41 PM
Shoot me an email, rrwoods@gmail.com

My cell is turned off right now.. gotta pay my bill.
craptacularwireless

Apr 26, 2006, 3:10 PM
"What kind of deals do you guys have?"
I feel like telling them, "We're offering two pizzas for the price of one!"

"What's the difference between you guys and a real Verizon store?"
I just wanna smack them.
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 3:46 PM
craptacularwireless said:

I just wanna smack them.

same for my call center, since we're not directly T-mobile, we're a separate company that works for them.
granteezie

Apr 26, 2006, 3:47 PM
Mid_Isle said:
craptacularwireless said:

I just wanna smack them.

same for my call center, since we're not directly T-mobile, we're a separate company that works for them.

ACS?
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 3:50 PM
NCO
granteezie

Apr 26, 2006, 3:51 PM
ah.
texaswireless

Apr 26, 2006, 5:45 PM
Easy answer

"You don't have to wait in line?"

Said as if you are guessing at their question with your answer. Most of the time it makes people laugh.
uscingulair

Apr 27, 2006, 1:23 PM
luck ally for me the corporate store down the road sucks ass...they are horrible sales people and don't give two sh!ts about people. they auctually get bothered by people when they interrupt there book or magazine reading. so now we get ALL of there business...the store is closing soon, i wonder why
securitybreach

Apr 26, 2006, 3:13 PM
Anything posted by nikoletta I know it's going to be whiney
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 3:23 PM
DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 3:58 PM
🤣 Cool, I started a trend!
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 4:01 PM
Yes. I like your trend 😁. I laughed my ass off on your first post about it 😁.
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 4:10 PM
You forgot the 👿 marks tho.
granteezie

Apr 26, 2006, 5:09 PM
🤭
texaswireless

Apr 26, 2006, 5:43 PM
Should it be put in the header as well?
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 6:59 PM
That might be a good idea but i'm thinking we may have the problem with a bunch of threads all ending with the header Don't Feed The trolls. But that may not be a bad thing.
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 7:34 PM
If anything, it's a running gag
texaswireless

Apr 27, 2006, 11:20 AM
People could browse threads, see that header and decide to stay away. Might make those threads drop quicker.
sacdude

Apr 27, 2006, 1:56 AM
niki the biggest whiner and crybaby, need some tissues,
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 3:24 PM
"YOU PEOPLES"

You know it's going down hill from there. Puts me on the defensive right away. i hate that term more than anything else. I am not a 'you people'. If you want to say your company or anything else but i am not a 'you people'
KrazyJoe

Apr 26, 2006, 3:30 PM
Least favorite thing would probably be nothing.

First thing I say when a customer walks in is something to the effect of "Hello, how are you doing?"

When they don't answer, I know it's not going to be a fun customer.
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 4:09 PM
Another one:

'I pay your salary!'
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 4:30 PM
And we provide you with cell phone service. Why do we owe you anymore than that? We provide you with a service and you pay for the service. That's the way the world works. 😁
Mid_Isle

Apr 26, 2006, 4:31 PM
It annoys me more 'cause I'm on wage, not salary. Salaried employees here tend to clear a LOT more than the frontline reps. 😢
Vox Dei

Apr 26, 2006, 4:33 PM
Here Salary employees can't make double time over time 😁. But they are all managers so of course they make more than the people they manage.
Nikoletta

Apr 27, 2006, 1:01 PM
"You just don't want my business." Is another one I don't like. You think I'm deliberate doing this just to be difficult? I'm paid on commission so it's in my best interest to get this set up for you, really it is.
Sholyhit

Apr 26, 2006, 6:30 PM
I've got a few.

Actually had a guy call and ask once, "How much fo y'alls foe tee dolla plan?"

All the time I get people that walk up and ask either, "How much fo y'all cheapest phone?" or they ask "Gots any free phones?" When I hear this, I know not only is the customer a winner, but also a cheapskate.

When the phone's liquid damage indicator is lit up... "My phone never got wet!" Well.. obviously it did, or the liquid damage indicator wouldn't be lit up.

"I'm not paying this bill" I'm not even a payment center. I don't care if you pay your bill or not. If you don't, your phone will jsut get cut off.

I also love when people try to haggle the price of a prepay payment. I always tell them, "Look. You can pay whatever you want, ...
(continues)
silentscream

Apr 26, 2006, 6:33 PM
Sholyhit said:
I hate hearing "I only have $20." and then the customer pulls out a wad of 100's.

Naw, they only have 20 bucks for the phone. The rest is for their drugs. Only problem is, they need to phone to call the dealer. See? It is a big dilemma here. No phone, no hook up, no drugs. 😁
axess_denied

Apr 26, 2006, 7:17 PM
What is with the "urban" crowd trying to coin 150 phrases for the term "PTT?" I know that the Inuits (Eskimos for those of you that are inept) have more than 150 words that all mean snow... is this a competition?
Nikoletta

Apr 26, 2006, 7:27 PM
But the Inuit words for snow each represent a different kind of snow, different weights, textures, packed vs powder and so on. It's a survival trait because that's something very relevant to them as it SNOWS A LOT in their region.

The PTT stuff is just lazy or stupid.
axess_denied

Apr 26, 2006, 7:37 PM
You really think it snows in Northern Alaska or Canada? I think it is a conspiracy. And what do you mean "types of snow.. yada yada yada?" Snow is white and falls from the sky, that is all there is to know about it. I looked it up online.

Did you like my Plooky impression? 🤣

I think it is kind of cool that one civilization can be so "advanced" in so many ways, yet seem so primitive to people in our society.
craptacularwireless

Apr 26, 2006, 7:41 PM
We have a superiority complex.
craptacularwireless

Apr 26, 2006, 7:41 PM
Anyone who chooses not live like us must be inferior, right? 🙄
axess_denied

Apr 26, 2006, 9:21 PM
Why the hell not? America, f.uck yeah!
djdelay

Apr 27, 2006, 12:31 PM
you forgot to quote just a little part of it and then misconstrue it.....like this
--------------------------------------------- -

I can't believe you would exemplify a whole region just because of the weather they have. That kind of discrimination shows how poorly you were raised.

Nikoletta said
it SNOWS A LOT in their region.

It's this statement that bothers me. To say "A LOT" in capital letters means that you are saying that it happens more often than anywhere else and I think that is an insult to other regions. It's almost as if you are saying they are the superior region. You sound like Hitler.
Nikoletta

Apr 27, 2006, 12:32 PM
Wow, your resemblance is uncanny.
captainplooky

Apr 27, 2006, 4:03 PM
now is it my turn to jump in and be like you?
---------------------------

Oh golly jeepers there. You've gone and quoted their text so that readers can be sure what you are responding to, that's too logical - we are cell reps afterall.

Goodness gracious now I'm gonna have ignore whatever you say because you have attempted to say it in manner that is intelligent.

Ps.

Your impression sucks.
MIKE3222

Apr 27, 2006, 4:04 PM
golly jeepers? come on plooky, we hold you to a higher standard than that. noone says golly jeepers.
alejandro

Apr 27, 2006, 5:11 PM
typical black comic over-doing the white guy voice.... plooky is a richard pryor knock-off.
texaswireless

May 1, 2006, 4:58 PM
I'm not gonna fall for no banana in my tailpipe man!
Vox Dei

Apr 27, 2006, 2:22 PM
WOW. I'm truely impressed. I didn't know too many non Canadians knew that kind of information. I'll bet most canadians don't.
alejandro

Apr 27, 2006, 2:29 PM
They just remember one episode of the animaniacs, that is all.
Vox Dei

Apr 27, 2006, 2:52 PM
Oh. didn't see that.
axess_denied

Apr 28, 2006, 8:47 PM
Or how your mom's bedroom looks.
Nikoletta

Apr 27, 2006, 5:07 PM
hehe, I took a Native American Anthropology class and that was included.
alejandro

Apr 27, 2006, 5:10 PM
really? that was a lot of work to figure out how many words the inuit have for snow, yakko told me that in about a 5 second joke 7 years ago and i still remember it. same thing with the countries of the world song.
Vox Dei

Apr 27, 2006, 5:14 PM
Most people know why they have alot of words for snow. Most people don't know why.
alejandro

Apr 27, 2006, 5:15 PM
because its freaking canada, mer-people have a lot of words for water.
Mid_Isle

May 1, 2006, 12:44 PM
Canuck here confirming I knew that.
Vox Dei

May 1, 2006, 1:04 PM
Ya. It's not supprising for a canadian to know that kinda stuff. But it is for an american.
Whitehorse

Apr 27, 2006, 2:16 AM
Why does a red LDI void my warranty?

Why is there a deducitble just because my phone's out of warranty?

& then, there's the person who wants to complain for 10 minutes at the outset of a call about how much time this has taken & how busy they are. They are the ones that answer yes or no questions with monolouges...
Anvil

Apr 27, 2006, 12:34 PM
Here's a few,

"But it says free* on the flyer." --Then they proceed to get pissed off when they re-read it and it says next to the * after mail in rebate.

"What does mail in rebate mean?" --another well hated phrase I hear. Usually follows the above.

"What do you mean I have a $750 deposit!?" --Most common.
BrokenCellPhone

Apr 27, 2006, 2:47 PM
"I don't want to extend my contract, and I want one of them $20 phones!"

I had a guy come into my store who (from looking at the memos on his account) had been calling into Care during the previous week multiple times to try to get a deal on a razr. He had already upgraded recently so the cost to him was over $300. He comes into my store today and says he lost his phone. He doesn't want to extended his contract....he just wants one of dem $20 phones. I tell him the basic Nokia candy bar is $129.99. He is also past due on his bill and starts yelling at me about how he drove all the way across town and why the hell won't my company sell him a phone when his bill is past due?

"Well, the only thing I can figure sir is that (my company)...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Apr 27, 2006, 3:31 PM
Can you sell him a phone if he pays for it outright in the store? I undstand you can't bill it to his account if he's overdue (we are the same way). We can sell him a phone if he pays for it in the store (cash or credit card).
dca

Apr 27, 2006, 1:17 PM
Print the following out:

After each 'F' place an 'e','i', or 'o'

F

F

F

F

F

F

F

...what was it?

The phone number of the last customer you helped...
cricKet RSR

Apr 27, 2006, 3:27 PM
Anytime a customer says
"there is something wrong with my bill"

"is there any discount on the phone"

"I mailed my payment in a day before its due and i want to know why my phone is cut off?"

Like we control the mail here
Mid_Isle

Apr 29, 2006, 3:37 PM
Last one I can think of:

"I'm a (doctor/lawyer/whatever), I charge $XXX.XX/hr, and I will be sending your company a bill for my time!"

Have fun with that buddy.
ESmurf

Apr 29, 2006, 3:43 PM
"So you only have [carrier] here?"

Do you see a different sign!?
Vox Dei

Apr 29, 2006, 3:54 PM
Hehe. Thats funny. I could see that question if you were an indirect dealer that carried a few different providers.
KrazyJoe

May 1, 2006, 9:18 AM
I'm an indirect dealer and I get that all the time. Thing is, I ONLY sell Verizon.

Because because our company's name has "cellular" in the title, all these geniuses around here think it says "Cingular"

And under the sign that says our store name is a HUGE VZW logo. And too many to count all over the showroom. Some people just... 🙄
Don.Mike

May 1, 2006, 2:09 PM
and i have clamidia. you should get that checked.
2 things you don't want to hear from someone walking into your store. not from personal experience, just imagining.
Nikoletta

May 1, 2006, 5:31 PM
"Here's the situation."

"Well let me explain what's been going on."

"I been on the phone with you people for 30 minutes (which inevitable becomes 2 hours after about 10 minutes, and 5 hours after ten more minutes.)

"Well I was just on the phone with xxx (another agent with the company) and we got cut off, I just want to talk to them again." We don't have direct lines. That and half the time what xxx told them was wrong.
captainplooky

May 1, 2006, 5:36 PM
Mundane.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.