Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Customers who act like kids

colione112

Mar 18, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ok, so this guy comes in, he wants to find out about getting another phone and transferring service to his name from his parents name. Ok, not a problem, bring your parents in so they can ok the deal.

Then he wants a new phone, ok lemme look and see when your contract is over. I tell him he isn't eligible to get another phone with a discount until december.(just got this phone in june) He tells me he's not paying retail price for a phone, then goes to call his father.

The dad comes in, and before anything is said, starts to yell and cuss at me.(I did the upgrade in June) He tells me I told him he could drop the service whenever he wanted. Ok, you can, but there is a cancellation fee if you do so.

This sets him off and he begins...
(continues)
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 11:44 AM
The problem is they do think the phone costs very little if anything..... that's why a lot of people treat them like they are free.

Besides, the trick to getting people to be nice to you is to swear at them, didn't you know?
xIsamuTM

Mar 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
"yeah, after all these are massed producted by asian elves, they only cost what, 2 bucks to make? Cheap pieces of S!!t! you make your money of my service so stop f!!king around and give me my phone"
to which I normally respond. "don't know what the cost for manufacturing the phone is, however i know there is a long line of people looking to get their cut for selling this phone. I'm one of them."
colione112

Mar 18, 2006, 12:28 PM
i don't make money on phones. i make money on the services. I could care less which phone you get when you sign up... Just don't come back a year from now asking for another phone with a discount. You had your chance... see ya in 6 months when your eligible to upgrade.
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 12:50 PM
It's sad that people can't make phones last more than 6 months.

The only reason why I upgraded after a year is I got an AWESOME deal... otherwise I'd still be using my Moto V710 with it's 400 hours of use..... I still use it to charge batteries.
xIsamuTM

Mar 18, 2006, 1:24 PM
mines been going strong since july (e815) then again i TAKE CARE of my electronics (hides soda stained computer under table, puts a cover on his wax covered monitor) I understand that phones are not meant to take abuse, especially the higher end feature packed phones.

shoot, where'd i put my charger again???
evilbstrd666

Mar 19, 2006, 2:26 PM
Just wire the charger connector into the AC mains coming into your building, that should be enough power to charge it. 😈
WILLPHASE

Apr 4, 2006, 6:24 PM
hahaha....lol..ok seriously customers only hear the word free everything else goes in through one ear and out the other....customers believe that because little 10 year olds in cambodia or some asian $h*t hole sometimes mexico, put these things together for pennies on the dollar that they can PAY! pennies on the dollar for phones.........it pisses me of
blk2kxtreme

Apr 4, 2006, 7:28 PM
You know the odd thing about that is- I had someone bring in a phone that they wired like that- the guy broke his home charger and didnt want to buy a new one- so he took the two wires- the positive and the negative from the cord- (note that on a home charger the ground is plugged into the wall- hence he didnt have anything to ground the wires with.) And he ran them to his car battery. He said that he figured that would have been the same as a car charger.

Long story short he was seeing what he could do for this. I think that he realized he messed up and that he was probably going to have to buy a new phone. I took a look at it and he shorted just about every component on it. Nothing worked except for the main screen.

Good news was t...
(continues)
MIKE3222

Apr 4, 2006, 7:30 PM
how can people that are potentially smart (wiring like that requires at minimimum a passing knowledge of electronics) be so stupid?
blk2kxtreme

Apr 4, 2006, 7:47 PM
It is a very good question. It really makes you wonder what the hell is going through their heads when they choose to do these things. Who knows?
MIKE3222

Apr 4, 2006, 6:30 PM
my v710 got great battery life until i got the lg8100. still works, my friend has it. my 8100 still gets a couple days battery life, with 800 hours of use. not too bad.
colione112

Mar 18, 2006, 12:25 PM
😳 maybe i'm in the wrong reality lol
evilbstrd666

Mar 18, 2006, 12:51 PM
Sarcasm. Don't worry, I've been at work for three hours and have already been sworn at today.

People suck.

It used to be that you didn't utter curse words in public because it was viewed as inappropriate.
danielson

Mar 18, 2006, 1:32 PM
i have someone lookin at phones and swearing all over the place already.. and i haven't even said hi to him yet... 😳
alejandro

Mar 18, 2006, 12:15 PM
thats when you say "BAD! BAD! DO YOU WANT A SPANKING?! DONT MAKE ME SPANK YOU!"
djdelay

Mar 18, 2006, 12:26 PM
that's when you tell him that he needs to authorize his son because his son was acting more professional than he is. Then ignore him and explain (in your best condescending kindergarten teacher voice) to his son that if he breaks contract he will be charged and that a full retail phone would be a better choice because then he would have service, the phone he wants, and it only cost him a little more than cancelling and going somewhere else. They'll charge him a deductible and activation costs too and he doesn't want that.
colione112

Mar 18, 2006, 12:31 PM
thats the thing.. he didn't want to cancel service.. all the father wanted to do was transfer the service to his son, not a problem. But the son wanted another phone at a discount, which we can't do.

The father didn't want to shut up long enough for me to explain what the problem was(his son wanting a new phone at a discount) I could've transferred it for him in a few minutes. But he wanted to get a potty mouth so I dismissed him 🙂
blusdrmr

Apr 5, 2006, 10:54 AM
I had a customer in yesterday who bought two lines of service. She was as nice as could be but the guy who was with her (a friend) would not shut up for three seconds. She would ask a question and I would answer it and then he would jump in with all of the "cell phone knowledge" (gotta love those!) and interrupt me. Now, I can take just about anything except someone interrupting me. She kept telling him to shut up and laughing so I took it a step further. The next time he put his two cents in, I told him if he did it again I was going to go in the back room and get a rag and stuff it in his mouth. It got a good laugh.
kapwww

Mar 18, 2006, 2:42 PM
At least you've had customers. In the 6 hours I've been here, I've had 2 phone calls from kids under the age of 7 asking how much our activation fee was and a street bum looking for cans to return for the deposit. I haven't had a chance to sell or be yelled at.
spider0526

Mar 18, 2006, 10:14 PM
Easy solution! Don't sell the customer a crappy phone
Whitehorse

Mar 18, 2006, 10:20 PM
This is where management needs to really "empower" themselves & the employees, tell these sphincter-smoochers to cool it & act in a decent manner if they want to be served. If not, they'll be banned from the store & the cops called.
Whitehorse

Mar 19, 2006, 7:00 PM
Mace the b@stard & kick him in the pelvis!!! 😈
evilbstrd666

Mar 19, 2006, 7:03 PM
How often do I wish I could have done that.....

Would have ended stupid discussions so much quicker.
blusdrmr

Apr 5, 2006, 11:18 AM
Done that one before.

I had a lady when I worked for another dealer selling Alltel. At the time she got her service they were selling a promotion to where if the customer got an "emergency plan" for $15, they would receive a credit for $5 every month of the contract to make the final bill $10 per month. On her first bill, she did not receiver her discount and I called in to fix it for her. They assured me that it was taken care of. Well, she comes in the next month and starts yelling at me because they charged her $15 again and did not give the credit. She handed me her bill and, sure enough, they did not giver the credit. She begins to tell me how much my company sucks and how bad of a salesperson I am, cussing up a storm in the st...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.