Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

Good people are hard to come by

Sholyhit

Mar 8, 2006, 11:32 AM
I have been interviewing for 3 months and can't get a decent app to hire. So far I have not been able to find anyone who:

Did not drop out of high school- Male or Female
Has a G.E.D. or high school diploma- Male of Female
Does not have 5+ kids (and is under the age of 22)- Females
Dresses better than torn jeans and a t-shirt for the interview- Male or Female
Doesn't try to "act black"- Male (sometimes female)
Scores higher than 13/25 on the copetency test(basic math and vocabulary skills)- Male or female
Doesn't have a history of substance abuse/violence- Male
Hasn't been arrested at least once- Male
Can sell me a pen (I make my apps sell my pen to me)- Male or Female
Can answer all the questions during the interview- Male or Fem...
(continues)
sowhatsowhat10

Mar 8, 2006, 12:04 PM
where are you at? 😕
Sholyhit

Mar 8, 2006, 12:06 PM
Idiots do too. That's where I'm at... Indiana
sowhatsowhat10

Mar 8, 2006, 12:09 PM
try posting on monster or like place. most of the people you just explained DON't or can afford to operate a PC and make a resume. as well as surf the WEB.
Sholyhit

Mar 8, 2006, 1:25 PM
We already have posts on Monster.com. No good hits. Mostly people looking for 15/hr+ or with no experience. Had one person who has a B.S. in computer science so he wanted 32/hr to sell cell phones or it's equivalent. Yeah right...
Nikoletta

Mar 8, 2006, 3:31 PM
How much are you actually offering?
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:27 PM
if you want good solid people you will have to make it worth their while. i'm sure you pay ok, but those who work hard and well want more money.
Nikoletta

Mar 8, 2006, 4:47 PM
I'm not sure that was my point, I was just curious more than anything, 15 an hour is excessive for a position like this but 8 or 9 an hour is too little to make it a livable wage, so I was just wondering.
tequilasundae

Mar 9, 2006, 10:38 PM
i used to try to hire people where u lived in the same mall sholyhit..its baaaad
celesticatfl

Mar 9, 2006, 4:50 PM
They must be migrating over from Ohio, huh?
mark0000

Mar 8, 2006, 12:12 PM
I got my high school degree in three years, have no kids, regularly wear a tie, have an above average vocabulary, would put odds that I can ace the competency test, have no criminal record, can tell you that that pen on your keyboard was made for perfect precision using the latest in ball point technology, shower twice a day, have never been fired and have sales and management experience (3+ years)...

And I can't find a job so I can leave my current one.

So, yeah, looks like either I should move to Indiana or you should open a store by me.
xIsamuTM

Mar 8, 2006, 12:35 PM
Lesse... I dropped out of Highschool, but got my GED. I own one suit, aside from that I don't really wear jeans. My black slacks and long sleeve shirt tend to make the most part of my attire. I've nver been caught stealing (not gunna lie), I' sure I can get at least a 20/25 on that test. No, I cant sell a pen, but let me direct you to this rep over here who might better assist you. I don't act black, I tend to act like an anime-obsessed fanboy. I've never been arrested. I don't bring my substance abuse to work with me (getting stoned at work is a waste of good weed). And while I do have one child, I take care of that what I brought into this world, dammit! and as your loyal and obediant lacky, I will do my best to be selective to who I offer...
(continues)
Sholyhit

Mar 8, 2006, 1:28 PM
Well you're a hell of a lot better than anyone else that has applied.
ErikaMarie

Mar 8, 2006, 2:17 PM
Granted... I know what you mean about the young mothers w/ 5 kids, but I don't think that's a reason not to hire somebody.

We've had the same problem here... people can't pass background checks & whatnot. Plus we just hired a temp who tried to sell a customer a phone we don't offer...
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 2:52 PM
I would like to take your copetency test. Could you type it up for me? I'm curious what I'll score...
black_burry

Mar 8, 2006, 2:53 PM
same 😁
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 3:01 PM
black_burry said:
same 😁

Oooh, I'm so gonna kick your ass. 🤣
3ntropy

Mar 8, 2006, 4:30 PM
dude, ur ass is grass. i'munna win 😎
Insert Witty Name Here

Mar 8, 2006, 5:02 PM
Oh, it's on. *rolls up sleeves*
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 8, 2006, 9:04 PM
Yep. Yer right, my boss was lucky to find me in the area I'm in. I am a good employee... now if I could just manage to punch in on time... i'd be poifect! 😛
disco inferno

Mar 8, 2006, 9:21 PM
gotta love the GW comp test 🙂
ESmurf

Mar 8, 2006, 9:45 PM
For real, I wish I knew what I scored...
disco inferno

Mar 8, 2006, 9:50 PM
well you got the job obviously so it coun't have been that bad 😉
ESmurf

Mar 8, 2006, 9:55 PM
I don't know about the person/people who hired me but I know we're so desperate now that SOME managers believe that only the last few should count... you know the picture ones... I think they offered a job of hired someone recently or wanted to who got less than 50%.

Still would like to know which ones I got wrong. Wouldn't you?
disco inferno

Mar 8, 2006, 10:00 PM
mine got corrected in front of me.....i'm a geious 🙂
Cunning_Linguist

Mar 9, 2006, 4:41 PM
The GW test is a joke. I smoked it like a thanksgiving turkey.
alejandro

Mar 9, 2006, 6:11 PM
after you get someone who passes all of those tests (or even half of them) they are over-qualified to work in cell phone sales.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.