Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

what????

sunvzw

Dec 22, 2005, 2:55 PM
i had a customer come into my store right now...and she wanted one of those new satallite phones...she argued that goverment employees have them and she wanted one... 😳 apperently they never drop calls any where..no matter what 🤣 i explained to her that i dont think 800 or 850 or even 1900 MHz will reach that far in the sky. anyone correct me if i am wrong...but i have heard gsm agents tell customers they have satallites in the sky for their network, she might of got her info that way, but you never know. Just thought it was funny..
dca

Dec 22, 2005, 3:16 PM
The satellite phones I've seen had a core CDMA. The satellite part didn't take over until there's no CDMA coverage...
G-rad

Dec 22, 2005, 3:16 PM
There is such a phone but they cost like a grand or so. But the don't use gsm cdma tdma of any other configuration.
sunvzw

Dec 22, 2005, 3:19 PM
i thought the woman was crazy..been doing this almost 6 years and never heard of such a thing. thanx for the info
G-rad

Dec 22, 2005, 3:33 PM
no prob for future research
http://www.globalstar.com/ »
sunvzw

Dec 22, 2005, 3:48 PM
i want to work for this company...its cool 😁
dca

Dec 22, 2005, 4:33 PM
katman_blue

Dec 22, 2005, 7:45 PM
We sell these pieces of junk at my work. Phone goes for about 750 bucks, its probably about the size of a gigantic television remote.

The most basic rate plan is 50 bucks per month for 50 minutes. No night and weekends.

Want your satelite phone to work in your car? Shell out another $750 bucks for the car mount thing.
aemsafd

Dec 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
Down in New Orleans when the hurricane took out radio systems AND cell towers, the thing that helped responders the best was PDA type communicaters that used satellite access.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.