Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

the xmas spirit in action...

tequilasundae

Dec 13, 2005, 6:46 PM
so this guy comes in...sayin he was eligible for a rebate on a newer phone which he was..he said "its not my phone # but its on my account."..so i finish the upgrade , he is signing the credit card slip, and i am getting the phone out of the box to program it, when he says,.."what are you doing?", "programming the phone?" ..."its supposed to be a xmas present!!!" 😳 "oh crap!! FU*&in A!, dammit!!well we gotta reverse it"
So i tell him he didn't mention this as we can't postdate an activation here at the store at this time..
then his brilliant retort is.."I said it wasn't for me, you should have picked up on that!"
👿 👿 👿 WELL JUMPIN JEEEHOSAPHAT, GENIUS!! DID ya think i was PSYCHIC!! where in your "its not my phone # but ...
(continues)
Caeser

Dec 14, 2005, 11:47 AM
I know how that goes, I just assume everything is for Christmas, so I ask on every sale now. But we can't post activate an upgrade anyway, so those people usually just come back later.
Nikoletta

Dec 14, 2005, 1:30 PM
I hate people. I absolutely hate them. Especially our programmers, I hope they all rot.

Our god damn ordering system is the most worthless string of code on the face of the planet.

When the system runs it's credit check, if the order is approved it is supposed to just come up with the order number and leave it at that. If the order comes up as a special type of account or requiring a deposit it is supposed to give us an error message. Some times it does, some times it doesn't. You have to be paying attention and notice that the credit class letter (we use letters to determine what you are approve for) is a special class or requiring a deposit or the order will look like it has gone through. It hasn't. If you do an order search i...
(continues)
G-rad

Dec 14, 2005, 1:32 PM
Nikoletta said:
I hate people. I absolutely hate them. Especially our programmers, I hope they all rot.

Our GOSH DARN ordering system is the most worthless string of code on the face of the planet.

When the system runs it's credit check, if the order is approved it is supposed to just come up with the order number and leave it at that. If the order comes up as a special type of account or requiring a deposit it is supposed to give us an error message. Some times it does, some times it doesn't. You have to be paying attention and notice that the credit class letter (we use letters to determine what you are approve for) is a special class or requiring a deposit or the order will look like it has gone through. It
(continues)
Vox Dei

Dec 14, 2005, 1:34 PM
"Sure just let me know when you leave"

SEE i can do that as good as your boss 😁
Nikoletta

Dec 14, 2005, 1:37 PM
*waves on the way out the door.*
Vox Dei

Dec 14, 2005, 1:39 PM
That's because your on lunch 😛
Nikoletta

Dec 14, 2005, 11:37 PM
Hehe... actually I'd only been there for 2 hours and left, I'm home now. I will probably call in tomorrow as well, I still feel lousy but better since I got the day to rest my throat.
craptacularwireless

Dec 14, 2005, 1:55 PM
Bye, Niki. I hope you feel better soon!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.