Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 45 replies

I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry.....

longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 12:15 PM
Okay I'm monitoring a call which escalted to 3 departments... This gentlemen called in because his phone was shut off for non-payment $386.99, okay he set a promise to pay which he broke and only paid $175.00 4 days after the promised day and now we shut his phone off..he's yelling that he is a 100% disabled vet who fought for our country and has post tramatic syndrome and his mom just died and he has another relative who is dying and how can we treat our vets this way. The reps read him the notes and he finally fessed up that he set up the promise to pay but when he did he didn't mean it because he wasn't thinking and we should give him a break cause he is a vet. Sure I rspect those guys but to use it as an excuse for not paying your bills ...
(continues)
Insert Witty Name Here

Dec 9, 2005, 12:20 PM
You're right, it's not an excuse to use. How sad... I think a lot of people used the New Orleans incident also, now I know a lot were ligitimate but I'm sure some people took advantage of the situation.
djdelay

Dec 9, 2005, 12:27 PM
I know exactly what you are talking about.....almost any time someone opens the conversation with "I was displaced by Katrina", I know I'm in for somebody spending a half hour (at least) trying to get me to cut corners. It was 4 months ago. I've moved on. You should too. I don't even want to hear the word "hurricane" ever again. Not the football team. Not the club. Not the drink.
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 12:30 PM
I have a collection of Hurricane glasses ๐Ÿ˜ I think I'll buy the ingredients this weekend and spend it drinking
Nikoletta

Dec 9, 2005, 1:13 PM
My mom makes killer Hurricanes, we'll have to make sure we have stuff for them at the party too.
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 1:21 PM
killer!
djdelay

Dec 9, 2005, 12:45 PM
am I the only one that sees how ironic or oxymoronic the title of this thread is???
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 12:48 PM
Okay now I'm monitoring anothe call 45 mins this one.. we have a lady who went to Jamacia to for a funeral and was charged roaming...well it's our fault because she called in to care and asked for the international rate for Jamacia and we never ever mentioned what would happen if she took her phone to Jamacia..it's outrageous we shouldn't make her pay such high prices becasue its more than her regular monthly service and why do we charge customers during Christmas it's not fair...well that would be great if no companies charged during X-mas wow free cable..free electricity...free heating..heck free rent why I'm not paying my rent this month cause it's X-mas...please.....
G-rad

Dec 9, 2005, 12:51 PM
gotta love retards. Like my customer here has an old account with us That was sent to collections, Still owes us 2900 dollars and she don't under stand why we won't give her new service.
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 12:56 PM
only 2900 dollars well heck why should that stop you it's X-Mas give her everything her heart desires
G-rad

Dec 9, 2005, 1:03 PM
Yea a size 12 boot in the ass ๐Ÿคฃ
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 1:05 PM
she has some strange requests ๐Ÿ˜•
G-rad

Dec 9, 2005, 1:09 PM
Well lets just say thank god for hold music 'cause she got cold transfered to Receivables management So she went from our hold music straight into their hold music.
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 1:10 PM
I have even had dreams of the hold music..I woke up this morning thinking I was in a call..it was horrible
VerizonStud

Dec 9, 2005, 4:50 PM
I wanna know how in the hell do you get your bill up to 2900 dollars! Good lord! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
vzwceller

Dec 19, 2006, 7:08 PM
Ive never seen a 2900 but i did hear of a 2300 sprint bill... apparently this young kid was calling his girlfriend everyday after school and staying on the phone until it was time to go to sleep at which point they would leave the phones going to "hear each other sleep". No freakin joke! The way I heard this was the parents came back and bought a phone from me a year later for him cause they cancelled the first one after the 2300 bill. I'd never buy that kid a cell again.
Nikoletta

Dec 9, 2005, 1:21 PM
Thank god, this wasn't mine. A caller (I won't call this whack-job a customer) calls in and the call starts out with the rep finding out that the call is in Yiddish (via a translator.) The caller begins to grill the rep (who's been on the floor for 3 weeks tops) about how T-Mobile and Deutch Telecom treated the Jews in World War two. When the rep stammered that she had no idea what he was talking about the idiot, (again via the translator) demanded a supervisor. The Supervisor advised him that he might want to look into some historic texts as we don't generally keep information on hour our parent company treated a group of people half a decade ago just lying around for our floor reps to hand out, and that being said, T-Mobile is a separa...
(continues)
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 1:23 PM
Yes I've seen the footage of T-Mobile stormtroppers herding Jews..it's disturbing....GET MORE..
Nikoletta

Dec 9, 2005, 2:07 PM
All in bright pink!
dca

Dec 9, 2005, 2:31 PM
Eva Braun for Catherine Zeta-Jones is a nice trade-off...
danielson

Dec 9, 2005, 2:37 PM
r i g h t.....i'm german.. so should i be ashamed to have tmobile service b/c DT is owned by a german company and my jewish co-worker is probably plotting against me right now after reading that?!?!?
bubonic

Dec 9, 2005, 2:39 PM
well you know what i pity any boer`s that cross my path.....
VerizonStud

Dec 9, 2005, 4:53 PM
It doesnt matter...in the end the Jews own everything! ๐Ÿ˜
shoelace_510

Dec 19, 2006, 11:26 PM
You guys are lame as all hell. Seriously you completely went off topic and became biased. I thought this was a forum in a dedicated area for mobile phone company employees to talk about PHONES and PROBLEMS and perhaps even CELL PHONE COMPANIES! Seriously.
frankiewawa

Dec 20, 2006, 10:49 AM
ROFL wow.... just when you think you've heard it all... I would have hung up on the guy lmao... ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿคจ
biznass

Dec 20, 2006, 11:25 AM
hahaha
cilvzwagent

Dec 20, 2006, 5:13 PM
Nikoletta said:
we don't generally keep information on hour our parent company treated a group of people half a decade ago just lying around for our floor reps to hand out.

I may be wrong here, but wasn't WWII more than 5 years ago?

Decade = 10 yrs
Century = 100 yrs

I'm guessing you meant Century.

Good story though!
longsleeves

Dec 9, 2005, 2:51 PM
actually this is a rep who isn't following protocol...We have pin codes and passwords on accounts for a reason protect the customers information. I'm listening to a call where the rep asks for the password and the customer says they didn't ask me last time,oh okay then what do you need. He then procedes to give the customer(if that's who he really is) information of the bill the dialed numbers etc...he's probably a stalker now we'll be in trouble.
ralph_on_me

Dec 9, 2005, 3:06 PM
If they're gonna let you monitor the call, they should also let you disconnect the call. You disconnecting such a blatent policy violation would make everyone breathe a little easier.
Crapbag

Dec 19, 2006, 9:04 PM
๐Ÿคฃ I want your job. I imagin it could be brutally boring at times but those little gems of moments would make my day!
sweetsoprano

Dec 20, 2006, 10:58 AM
That rep should have been fired immediately...and would have been at my job...
WhoDey

Dec 20, 2006, 12:09 PM
THIS MSG IS A YEAR OLD.. WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU PEOPLE DOING?!
sweetsoprano

Dec 20, 2006, 12:11 PM
Um...it was funny then, and it's funny now? ๐Ÿ‘€
biznass

Dec 20, 2006, 1:00 PM
Who cares, it's still relevant.
krickt

Dec 20, 2006, 1:17 PM
Necroposting.
cilvzwagent

Dec 20, 2006, 5:17 PM
Well then..... I found that response a little out of line and offensive.
chocolateman85006

Dec 20, 2006, 10:46 PM
I agree. You should be able to post that THE HELL you want to!
WhoDey

Dec 20, 2006, 11:04 PM
lol.. you buncha bastards
Youre always against me.
Okay, post away
chocolateman85006

Dec 20, 2006, 11:07 PM
It's nothing personal, but sometimes I like to respond to old posts too.
Hayate

Dec 21, 2006, 12:55 PM
Why does that matter? If you don't want to read it, don't read it. Obviously someone else read it and felt that they had something to contribute to the conversation, regardless of when it was originally posted. Get over it.
longsleeves

Dec 21, 2006, 12:16 PM
It's like I've gone back in time!
army_hellion1

Dec 21, 2006, 1:00 PM
I am a combat veteran myself and now working in the cell phone industry. And I think that is a great excuse why he did not pay his bill. However that is just not the way things work and regardless, of course he has to pay his bill or it will be shut off. With US Cellular we have a "lifeline" program for low income people or people recieving government assistance and we are cutting them slack all the time...so what I dont understand is why we can't do the same for veterans. People who fought and served our country and now have physical or mental disabilities. Sometimes both. It isn't right and yeah his phone should be cut off, but I don't think you should not feel for him.
Hayate

Dec 21, 2006, 1:07 PM
Probably because veterans don't deserve special treatment like you seem to think. They chose a job, did that job for however long they were employed, and that's that. If someone gets injured at work, they should receive compensation from that company, but that's it.

I would feel bad for him for all the other things going on, but the guy was late on his payments and broke his promise to pay, and to top it off tried to play the veteran card to get special treatment and make the rep feel bad. Anyone that acts like they deserve special treatment just because they were in the military automatically drives away any sympathy I could've felt for them regardless of circumstances.
sweetsoprano

Dec 21, 2006, 2:02 PM
Fighting a war does not exempt you from assuming financial responsibility for yourself or the consequences that follow when you do not. Period, point blank, end of story.
Hayate

Dec 21, 2006, 2:07 PM
But....But....But they're defending our freedom to say stupid ignorant sh*t like that! They shouldn't have to pay for anything and we should worship the ground they walk on because they're fighting to defend our country and democracy!
Crapbag

Dec 21, 2006, 2:06 PM
I'm a Brat and have known a lot of GIs. I would say the issue at hand is money managment. Many of the GIs that I know are terrible with money, my father included. Perhaps the military should offer finance handling classes to teach their soldiers how to properly handle their cash when they get out. I would assume that its a bit of a shock coming out of the military after 20+ years and suddenly having to budget for food, rent, cable, electricity, and all the other crap the rest of the world has grown accustomed to dealing with on a monthly basis.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.