Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

When a customer tells you to...

aemsafd

Oct 17, 2005, 4:34 PM
So I was helping a customer out, and because they spent so long deciding on the phone, it came to the time when I was scheduled to close my store. Obviously, I kept helping them out. The mother (somehow the smarter of the two) went outside to take a smoke. As she came back in, at 8:05, she pointed out the sign, and says:

"Did you know you're supposed to close at eight PM?"

DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D BE SO STUPID THAT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TIME ** I ** GET TO GO HOME?

Anybody have a good way to deal with customers who try to tell you how to do your job?
themike314

Oct 17, 2005, 4:42 PM
Give them an application.
cellsellphones

Oct 19, 2005, 2:40 PM
LOL!! 🤣
Fenix1003

Oct 17, 2005, 4:46 PM
tell them "O really well i did not know that, i mean the schedule they give me its just to waste paper and kill trees" say all that with a high sarcastic voice 😁
cingcing

Oct 17, 2005, 4:54 PM
"Oh, really?"

"How about I be the rep for awhile."

"Is that what the sign says? Mabey we should hurry up then."
themike314

Oct 17, 2005, 4:56 PM
Is it that time already? Well, then I guess you guys will have to leave and come back tomorrow.
axess_denied

Oct 18, 2005, 1:49 PM
Find an old Nokia 5160 and chuck that sh*t at their heads. That usually works a good "crowd control."
ccanady

Oct 18, 2005, 5:20 PM
I busted out laughing when I read that
VBMASTER

Oct 18, 2005, 5:46 PM
I close at 9 but usually start cleanin up bout quarter to.. I love the customers that stop in at like 8:58 and when I say I am all closed up they get all upset w/ me?? If I know I am gonna get a phone out I will do it but otherwise forget it.....
Nikoletta

Oct 18, 2005, 6:26 PM
No no, silly, they need you to RIGHT THAT MINUTE help them fix their voice mail, because they are loosing thousands of dollars while you are standing there telling them you are closed because they cannot get their voice mail because your company is screwing them (and then you will find out they actually have a phone through the company across the street and it's not even your phone.) How dare you close at 8:58, you have worse hours than a bank! (What?!?)
bassplayer

Oct 18, 2005, 8:58 PM
Just respond with one simple word: "oh!"
but the way you say it has to be perfect, first, you have to say it while slowly nodding your head, almost confused but still understanding that... something was said, and also one eyebrow raised. second you have to say it NOT as if it was the greatest discovery ever, like "OH There really are alien life forms!" but also not like you don't care, like "oh, well, I gotta go scumbag". kinda like the "oh" you'd give someone you don't know who tells you "I'm going to my grandparents now". Like: "oh, I'm confused why that is important, but I'll keep you feeling awkward and silent by my response instead"... that kind of "oh".
axess_denied

Oct 18, 2005, 9:07 PM
My preferred method has been "No sh*t Sherlock, where is your goofy hat, stupid accent, bad teeth, and pipe? Hey while you're doing the mystery solving thing, do you think you help me find that dead hooker's body I buried so I can get my cash back, I was in such a hurry with the trash bag and the shovel that I totally forgot to get my wall... Hey come back, we've only been closed for ten minutes!" If that doesn't get 'em the f out of your store, just try pepper spray.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.