all discussions

show all 21 replies

Good Times

themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 1:49 PM
A wonderful customer experience.

BLOOP BLOOP

Me: Recite generic opening

Customer: I needs to talk to a mother****ing manager.

M: Yes ma'am, I can get a supervisor for you. What exactly are you calling in reference to?

C: You ***holes charged me $50 and I ain't gonna pay it!

M: Yes, ma'am. You called us to replace a phone that was stolen from you. That charge is the deductible through your insurance.

C: I ain't calling about my insurance. I'm calling about this $50 charge on my bill.

M: OK. If that's the case, you'll need to call Cingular. We don't have access to your billing and are unable to view your billing records.

C: Cingular told me to call you because this 'ductible shouldn't be on there.

M:...
(continues)
cadillacman1986

Oct 15, 2005, 1:57 PM
heh heh, still new to this business so I haven't gotten many bad calls, but when I do, I LOVE EM!! Ignorant people bother me lol~!
djdelay

Oct 15, 2005, 2:25 PM
I swear to God I have had that call
themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 2:28 PM
Was she from Mississippi?
otom

Oct 15, 2005, 3:35 PM
Imagine having this person in the store....it is really fun
hollyhemmy02

Oct 15, 2005, 4:29 PM
I don't quite understand why you continued to push the cust if they ask for a supervisor isn't that what you should get for them aspecially if they are upset. but maybe since i work for a cell phone company that is all about the customer we have different rules. If i was that cust i would not be happy with you either. You were totally ignoring what he was asking you for. 😲
SCIPIO2000

Oct 15, 2005, 4:34 PM
she also was not being respectfull of the csr as a person. they should not just jump everytime the customer demands a managr without at least attempting to resolve it with the person who answered the phone. it is thier job after all. and in my experience, the csrs can know more ways to appropriatly handle the situation than a manger ( not always the case, by any means) 😕
hollyhemmy02

Oct 15, 2005, 4:45 PM
I understand that the cust wasn't being nice but that isn't the point. We have to deal with crabby people all the time. The point was that the cust stated three or four times that they didn't want to speak with that rep. I mean if the person doesn't want to talk to you there is nothing you can do. I just don't get it. It might just be that i have been trained different.
Signals

Oct 15, 2005, 4:59 PM
i know I have had my fair share of run ins with customers and insurance...

me: how is it going? can I help you with something?

customer: why do i pay for insurance?

me: incase your phone either gets lost, stolen, or damaged sir.

cutomer: but why?

me: well if you ever loose your phone, or it gets stolen, or if for some reason you drop it and it breaks, you can get it replaced instead of having to pay $300 for a new phone.

customer: i don't think i should have to pay monthly for it.

me: well you don't have to. you can take it off if you no longer want it on there.

customer: okay.

me: its like car insurance you pay once a month, and if you get into an accident you have to pay a deductible to get your car fixed, or els...
(continues)
themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 4:46 PM
We've been told more than once that we're not to transfer a call without being able to fully describe the situation to the person we are transferring to. This is doubly true for supervisors - they don't want to take a call without as much information as they can acquire before speaking to a customer.

If the customer is not willing to assist us with describing a problem or issue they have, we cannot assist in resolving it.

She was irate and offensive from the first sentence out of her mouth. She doesn't deserve any assistance.
hollyhemmy02

Oct 15, 2005, 5:05 PM
All cust deserve Assistance regaurdless of how they treat you. I mean if they are threating you then yes they don't deserve it but if they are just spouting out cuss words ask them to stop. Or say to them "you know you can keep yelling at me and waste your time or you can let me try to help you" That is your job as a csr to assist them. 😕
themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 5:18 PM
If she had entered a retail establishment the same way she began the phone call, she would have immediately been asked to leave.

If she had not provided me with the account information, I wouldn't have been able to transfer her to anyone for any reason.

She got to where she wanted to go, but only because I was able to indirectly get the information I needed and provided the information I needed to provide. If she did not like the way it was done, that's fine. Maybe she'll think next time before she treats a random voice the same way.
everman

Oct 15, 2005, 5:26 PM
If I went to my supervisor and told them I had an escalated call, and I hadnt done everything I could to try to mollify them, then I would have a pissed customer and a pissed supervisor.
Plus, seriously, the customer needs to be more respectful.
If it was me, I would have just put them on hold until they hung up. In my call center, if you cuss at a rep, you get released. We are humans too. Why do they get more respect from me than I do from them? Cause they pay their bill? Please.
themike314

Oct 15, 2005, 5:35 PM
Lucky you. I'm not allowed to release a call for any reason, except when no one is there when the call comes through.
hollyhemmy02

Oct 15, 2005, 7:39 PM
It seems that i have been trained to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction. To me that means regaurdless of how they treat me. Again not threatening. Alls i was trying to say is that you didn't acknowledge that you understood she wanted to speak with a supervisor. you didn't even respond to the fact. You could have said "i understand that but lets see if we can go over this to resolve it. Then if we still don't help you to your needs then i will get you to my supervisor." 😲
Buffo

Oct 16, 2005, 9:52 AM
Again. So pathetic. You are exactly the kind of csr that is there dreaming and dying to become a supervisor one day and tread on everyone else. Maybe I'm projecting here, but what's your childhood trauma?

Brainwashed!

Sorry, it's not personal, but the thing I hate the most in this world is insecurity.
cadillacman1986

Oct 15, 2005, 7:40 PM
I would kill a man to have the authority to release a call for someone cussing at me! Wow, you are so privileged
Amy55

Oct 16, 2005, 12:53 PM
That's the lovely thing about living in Canada. We aren't specifically told this but under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms it states that we do not have to take any type of verbal abuse. That is one of our rights. If a customer is going to be verbally abusive then hell yeah I will release the call. If an American company wants to do business in Canada then they go by our laws. If there are any other Canadians in here, think about that next time someone tries to be verbally abusive.
Buffo

Oct 16, 2005, 9:48 AM
Could not agree more.
Buffo

Oct 16, 2005, 9:47 AM
that's pathetic. You have been brainwashed.
littlepinksock

Oct 16, 2005, 9:31 PM
Well, different companies have different rules. Where I work, if a customer requests to speak with a supervisor I ask at least once if there's anything I can do to assist, and then if they request, I transfer. I agree that all customers deserve assistance, but some times customers just call in to be evil.
Buffo

Oct 16, 2005, 9:43 AM
i strongly disagree. in my company we are encouraged to "de-escalate" the customers. Basically it's true: you've got to be in control of the call, and if there is no need for a supervisor you should not escalate that call. If you are the agent, you are the link between the company and the customer, the supervisor is there to supervise you.
If someone needs to talk to my supervisor they need a reason why. Otherwise I will manage a way to keep them on the line and making them so angry by being so polite and using courtesy that they eventually end up insulting me. And the great thing is that they get 3 warnings and then I release the call by saying

"John, as much as I would love to, I would not be able to help you today. Please call us back...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.