Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Great way to start your day.

cingcing

Oct 14, 2005, 1:11 PM
I was opening the store today, and about 20 min before we opend there was a guy outside staring in throgh the gate, then through the window, then trying the door. I waited about 10 min in the back room till he left, and then went outside to have a cigarette. As soon as I get out side I see him, practically running out of the mall to come talk to me. I reach in my pocket to lock the door and walk to my car but I realize I left my keys inside DAMMIT! I have to help him.

"What time do you open?"

I point to the "Sore Hours" sign posted on the door he tried to open twice.

"Oh, well mabey you can answer a question?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"My voicemail quit working, can you fix it?"

"Your voicemail was upgraded, press and hold 1 a...
(continues)
Signals

Oct 14, 2005, 4:14 PM
that happens to me at least twice a week
Vox Dei

Oct 14, 2005, 4:15 PM
Did he come back?
cingcing

Oct 14, 2005, 4:24 PM
No, he called in and talked to my manager. I don't have anything to worry about. lol What a jerk!
otom

Oct 15, 2005, 4:32 PM
I started my day in the same manner a few weeks ago. This woman was having trouble with her voicemail and, after opening our doors early, i showed her how to press and hold one, then listen...she became very frustrated and when i asked her if she understood what to do she said, "NO, And F*** you for making me feel like an idiot- i'll have you fired." (aren't you an idiot if you cannot access your voicemail after someone who has shown you how to do it and even written it on a piece of paper?) She proceeded to walk around the store and tell each of the other reps what an idiot she thought i was. Later that week she called my manager and told him "I understand that i am not smart, but she made me feel stupid, so i cussed her and i want her fir...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Oct 17, 2005, 4:03 PM
I used to work at this book/music/video store that also had a coffee shop in it. Now the Book/Music/Video portion of the store does not open until 10 am, however the coffee shop they open at 5 am (I pity the coffee shop people who open, I would shoot myself) but the coffee shop is technically in the store (though there is a little side door that lets people in) and is only separated from the main body of the store by a couple of shoulder-high book shelves and in some places just a pull-across cloth ribbon thing. I used to work the open shift for the book section which was (unfortunately) right next to the coffee shop. We would come in at 9 am to do all the things needed to open the book section, turn on lights, put out new stock, fire up ...
(continues)
brentgodwin

Oct 17, 2005, 5:04 PM
The best ones are when someone calls and you answer the phone and the ask "Are you open yet?".

No. I am just here to answer the phone for idiots like you that call.

No. This is a recording just to throw you off.

Sometimes I wonder..........
Sorn

Oct 17, 2005, 5:27 PM
"Can I speak to your manager?"
"Hi."
"I have a problem."
"So do I."
"Can you help me?"
"No."
"I thought you were the manager?"
"I am."
"Then why can't you help me?"
"Because I don't know the problem."
"Oh... Well, I'll be back later then."

...People...
themike314

Oct 17, 2005, 5:33 PM
😕
Fenix1003

Oct 17, 2005, 5:38 PM
🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.