Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Thoughts on my last day!!!!!!!

lil_smurfy

Jul 28, 2005, 10:40 PM
Okay, so this is my last day working for cingular for the next year as I will be going on maternity leave.... Of course it is the busiest week that ever happened!!!!!! The day people have been working OT, and I got to sit between two of them today. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against day ppl, I mean I was one of them for the majority of my career here. Until this day I have always assumed that customers that complain about customer care being extremely rude have simply been customers dissatisfied about one policy or another. I definitely got an education today when I heard the girl sitting beside me ask a customer why he called in since he seems to know everything.... I couldnt believe it!!!!!! Or the girl on the other side...
(continues)
repCB

Jul 29, 2005, 4:30 PM
Congrats on leaving Cingular (if only temporary) and on the baby! I wish I could get some type of leave when my wife has her baby, but my call center director says I'd have to take points for the absence...

...heartless bastards...

...but congrats to you on the baby!
lil_smurfy

Aug 1, 2005, 10:50 PM
R U kidding me???? They won't give you any time off??? R U in Canada??? You and your wife could always split up the 35 weeks of parental leave that comes after the 15 weeks of maternity! Thanks for the congrats!!!
repCB

Aug 2, 2005, 8:32 AM
No, I'm in a U.S. former blue call center. They say since I'm not the one having the baby then I get no leave. I can miss a few days and take some points, but after three days I would require a doctor's note with my name on it, or my ass is grass.
Jldnr77

Aug 2, 2005, 8:49 AM
Apply for FMLA leave....then they have to LEGALLY let you do it, and can't penalize you for it either. I want to take a little time off when my 2nd baby gets here too...and they told me that it would count as absences. But they also told me if I apply for FMLA, I can avoid all that.
repCB

Aug 2, 2005, 9:01 AM
I tried that. Since our call center officially became Cingular on January 1 this year, I've only been employed with the company for eight months, and you must be employed for a year to qualify for FMLA under Cingular. When our call center switched, we became new employees and our tenure started all over again. I've checked on it, and get the same answer everytime.
Jldnr77

Aug 2, 2005, 11:47 AM
repCB said:
I tried that. Since our call center officially became Cingular on January 1 this year, I've only been employed with the company for eight months, and you must be employed for a year to qualify for FMLA under Cingular. When our call center switched, we became new employees and our tenure started all over again. I've checked on it, and get the same answer everytime.

You might want to check that out. FMLA is a program that was set up by the federal government. Cingular might not be able to put those kind of restrictions on it.
repCB

Aug 2, 2005, 11:50 AM
I'm in the process of doing that now. I googled it and everything I see says that there is a one-year eligibility requirement with the company.

If we were still AT&T, I'd be covered.
lil_smurfy

Aug 2, 2005, 10:45 PM
Thats really sad for both of you cuz I'm sure your wife (or girlfriend??) would appreciate you being there while she recuperates! My boyfriend works out of town and he's only able to take 1 day off for when I have the baby ☹️ I can just picture myself my first night alone in my apt with a new born baby......
repCB

Aug 3, 2005, 8:33 AM
Well I'm working on a solution. I'd hate to miss the birth of my daughter to stay at work being chewed out by a customer who doesn't know how to take his phone off silent. I will probably just miss the days and take the points, and quit after my wife and baby no longer need the insurance for a while.
axess_denied

Aug 3, 2005, 11:44 AM
As an ex-Cingular employee, I can say that I too have encountered many customer care employees that have not only treated customers that way, but also other employees. I think the only answer is to curse the call centers and have every one of the a-hole reps turned into mutes... God does work in mysterious ways, and He is known to answer prayers...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.