all discussions

show all 15 replies

Anyone else notice

Jellz

Apr 22, 2012, 11:37 AM
how people decide to start new cell phone service when they're broke? 🤨
famoussasjohn

Apr 22, 2012, 11:39 AM
Every time I take a sales chat that I take..
ragequit

Apr 22, 2012, 12:27 PM
I personally would rather pay a bit more for the phone to be able to get it in store. I just don't like the idea of buying online.

Can you guys waive act/upgrade fees? Can you make deals on the handsets? Any incentives?
famoussasjohn

Apr 22, 2012, 12:46 PM
For Sprint, they do have the option to waive it sometimes.
I don't think they can offer anything else other than the pricing we currently offer it at. We can only pricematch what is offered with Sprint. Sometimes there are promotions for cheaper accessories and stuff, but overall there is no incentive to buy online through Sprint.
dilligaff1

Apr 23, 2012, 12:06 PM
Actually, online has no activation fee or S&H charge.99% of the time. That all carriers. In my 11 years at AT&T and now Sprint Tech for two + years, I see it all the time!!!
dlmjr

Apr 23, 2012, 12:39 PM
ATT recently upped upgrade to $36.00 and won't waive it.
I upgraded a line about 3 weeks ago and am a very long time cust and had to pay it.
Jellz

Apr 23, 2012, 2:31 PM
Activation is charged online for AT&T. Last year, every weekend (Friday to Monday) from Christmas 2010 to Christmas 2011 was waived activation, except for a couple of weekends around when the iPhone 4S came out. Then it stopped this year, and waived activation hasn't been offered since.
truthinsuffering

Apr 25, 2012, 4:13 PM
I work for AT&T and I can override the price of any phone other than the Iphone, I can waive your shipping (I never charge shipping and also make it priority ship) and can waive your upgrade fee. I don't do new activations, but I can waive an activation fee if it shows up on the bill. Just ask me for it.
Jellz

Apr 22, 2012, 6:59 PM
I really do. But I can't change any of the online offers. We used to have promotion codes, but not anymore. And we also used to be able to give out the $100 off online offer things that are shown on the site, but then they took that away and said we couldn't offer it anymore, either.

I actually agree. When I want a new phone or want to do something with my service, I go to the local store where I know the reps are knowledgeable and can get stuff done. I reward that by buying from them when I want to upgrade, and I steer other people in my family there too. But... I'm not complaining when people come online to buy. Keeps me in a job.
ragequit

Apr 22, 2012, 7:42 PM
Yeah, nothing against telesales or online sales. But I'm in face to face retail, so obviuosly I want my customers to come to my store.

I still don't get why somebody would be comfortable with buying a phone anywhere but in store.

And what about exchanges? That's a close I frequently use: "Hey, worst case scenario, if you don't like the phone, you do have x number of days to bring it back and exchange it out, so you're not stuck."

Well, if you buy over the phone, you have to ship it back, right? That just drains the amount of time from their buyer's remorse period, what with shipping time and all.
0rionsVantage

Apr 22, 2012, 7:53 PM
BUT ITS CHEAPER ONLINE!!!!!
Jellz

Apr 22, 2012, 8:26 PM
You do need to ship it back, though I believe as long as it's postmarked within the 30 days you're good. But the 30 days starts when it ships, not when you get it (since that's when the credit card is charged).
famoussasjohn

Apr 23, 2012, 8:23 AM
With Sprint, if it's bought online or in store, it depends on the pricing. If it was a web special, the store can't do a return and exchange and a return kit needs to be sent. If it's a normal priced phone, like an iPhone or the bigger named phones, they can be returned/exchanged in store, but must be a Sprint retail store obviously.
dilligaff1

Apr 23, 2012, 1:18 PM
Some COR's will exchange the phone under the 15 day Buyers Remorse. But yes I prefer the stores too.
famoussasjohn

Apr 23, 2012, 3:43 PM
Just depends on the pricing. Web specials cannot be exchanged in store (very stupid as to why they can't) and the device must be sent back to the warehouse. Once returned, they receive their upgrade eligibility. If the phone is free, why the eff can't they just return in store. If they sell the phone, who cares, rite?
dlmjr

Apr 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
ATT extends buyers remorse by up to 2 weeks if you are returning the device to the warehouse.
They don't announce it, but it is common practice.
If you buy online or via phone, you can return the device to a COR store, if you have the original box and everything that came in it.
You cannot return to authorized dealers or 3rd party retailers.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.