Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

where do you work?

skoobertdoo

Mar 10, 2012, 3:17 PM
A call center? Kiosk? authorized dealer? corporate store? best buy? target? mom and pop shop? iono what else i missed but you get the idea.

I work at a MetroPCS authorized dealer. it's basically a franchise. sucks because i work by myself with a firewalled internet. sighhh
fleurdemiel

Mar 10, 2012, 3:30 PM
we're glad you're here ๐Ÿ˜

I work in a call center for a vendor who sells for AT&T as the client.
tacmus

Mar 10, 2012, 4:00 PM
i work in a call center for CLARO Puerto Rico, the only webpage i can enter it's phonescoop and it's really restricted, i can't see most images and zero videos! ๐Ÿ˜ก
skoobertdoo

Mar 10, 2012, 6:31 PM
something is better then nothing
skoobertdoo

Mar 10, 2012, 6:32 PM
thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

One of the many reasons why I never get to reply to anything(I run the store open to close alone). How long have you worked there for?
fleurdemiel

Mar 10, 2012, 7:23 PM
come aug 2.

I have no idea how I'm the most tenured member of my sales team already.

I feel like i'm 40.
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 7:32 PM
wow really? some of my teammates..uhh.. they're about 3-4 years w/ Sprint. and the oldest agent on our site is at 56 y.o

im pretty close to her. and believe it or not, there are months when she closes more than 100 UPG and 60-70 new/ADD a LINES. her best record is 152 upg for march 2011
melrhodes

Mar 11, 2012, 10:39 AM
Mommy May?
fleurdemiel

Mar 11, 2012, 2:43 PM
much, much more is expected in a strict call center atmosphere.

3-4 years is like a decade over here. 60-70 added lines here a month would get you fired.
Massively

Mar 11, 2012, 2:45 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ what carrier would that be? now i can understand why sometimes, ending the day with no sales can be very frustrating for you
fleurdemiel

Mar 11, 2012, 2:54 PM
pretty bad. I only get 0 days once every 2 or so months. If that. AT&T. Although, they aren't making the rules, my vendor does. And I'm not at liberty to name my vendor ๐Ÿ˜‰
Massively

Mar 11, 2012, 5:03 PM
yes i understand that confidentiality thingy. ๐Ÿ˜ 60-70 can be really tough esp if you're trying to sell the right way
Darth_Stuticus

Mar 11, 2012, 8:40 PM
Sprint is a different environment. Sales calls don't come to sales. They filter a bunch of random crap through sales even though the customers are calling in for tech support, customer care, or to cancel. The calls are so random that goal isn't even 10% for adds.
fleurdemiel

Mar 12, 2012, 12:51 PM
is that I'm in a dept. like that. It's called Mass Media.. you get the whole range of people who can't figure out the automated system.. and we have to make a sale out of it. We, on average, get about 30 calls a day, have to sell 3 uverse a month, 6 gophones, maintain a decent stafftime and a sales conversion of 18%.

I would *kill* for a 10% to bonus.

YAY. -__-
fleurdemiel

Mar 12, 2012, 12:52 PM
and 90 lines with that conversion.
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 7:28 PM
skoobertdoo said:

sucks because i work by myself with a firewalled internet. sighhh

i work for Sprint telesales. more than a year now. and regarding that statement of yours.. im still happy we get to access phonescoop ๐Ÿ˜
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 7:29 PM
DONT BLOCK PHONESCOOP?while yahoo msn and a lot of others are?
ragequit

Mar 10, 2012, 8:07 PM
PEOPLE USE CAPS LOCK?while normal people use capitalization when proper?
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 8:16 PM
YeaH i WANnA kNow thE aNsWER to THAT tO, ๐Ÿ˜Ž
truthinsuffering

Mar 10, 2012, 8:42 PM
We we told that it is not blocked because of the phone comparison tables they have on here. It is better and easier to use than our actual platform we have for comparisons here. They also don't block it because of the news. We get to see what other companies are doing that is new vs what we are doing so we can offer save offers to customer and help with new activations by comparing companies. Also issues people are having with their phone that is listed in the fourum or the reviews see what issues people are having and how to fix them that is not listed in our information system.
Massively

Mar 10, 2012, 8:45 PM
i see.. but why are the forums not blocked? you know, w/ Sprint, a lot of the official website's part aren't accessible for us and yet w/ phonesccop, i get more access and content. at the same time, our website already offer the comparison table and its also detailed. but im really glad PS is available for us.
dilligaff1

Mar 11, 2012, 3:38 PM
Call Center. 10+ years w/AT&T Now Sprint Tech Support for two years. Did the Math one day. Added my totel hours in my 13 years based on my OT!!! Divided by the average 40 hour work week, I've had a Head Set strapped to my head for almost 27 YEARS!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!! โ˜น๏ธ
melrhodes

Mar 11, 2012, 3:39 PM
how old are you?
dilligaff1

Mar 11, 2012, 8:19 PM
Old enough to Know Better and too young to say NO ๐Ÿ‘€
melrhodes

Mar 12, 2012, 10:21 AM
๐Ÿคจ
dilligaff1

Mar 12, 2012, 11:15 AM
58 ๐Ÿ˜Ž
melrhodes

Mar 12, 2012, 12:41 PM
you're old ๐Ÿ‘€
dilligaff1

Mar 12, 2012, 1:14 PM
But remember, growing old is madatory, growing up is optional ๐Ÿ˜Ž
tacmus

Mar 12, 2012, 2:09 PM
+1!!! ๐Ÿ˜
melrhodes

Mar 12, 2012, 2:25 PM
troof ๐Ÿคฃ
Ohfrigginreally

Mar 12, 2012, 2:13 PM
I've been working in a corporate store for about 3 1/2 years. When I discovered phonescoop I was excited, it's great that its not firewalled like all our other sites are. Knowing that I am not alone in the world of irritating consumers makes my day a bit more manageable ๐Ÿ˜

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.