Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 28 replies

Funniest thing you have ever seen a customer do?

Gundy18

Jun 22, 2005, 3:51 PM
Just curious, I was reading the thread 'funniest thing you have said to a customer' and it got me thinking... And coincidently I had a customer walk in about 10 minutes ago, had a dead phone ( was a replacement, and had water damage ) and he had it for one month so went over some options including possibly insurance coverage claim for the phone again, or having a tech look at it ( we are a express store ).. He denied it coming in contact with water. Then he got rather irate and said he was going to verizon, then he started cussing and one thing lead to another and he grabs the phone out of my hands and snaps it in half! ๐Ÿ˜ LOL! No joke, it was a 8200 and he snapped the sucker in half. Pieces went everywhere, and he says ' Thats what I think ...
(continues)
jdmchic

Jun 22, 2005, 4:20 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

wowsers.. never had that.

I once sold a french couple some cell phones (2, to be exact). They came in about a WEEK later fussing at me because they told me they wanted 3, not 2. I apologized and asked them which phone they wanted so I could proceed with the sell. The guy then started cussing me out in either jibberish or French, told him the HOLY GHOST told him i was a liar?!! So then he threw his phone on the ground, stomped on it and demanded a refund. I then handed him a copy of our refund policy stating that we can only return phones if they are in LIKE new condition, and not stomped on.

HAHAHAHAHA. I love my job!! ๐Ÿคฃ
newfette

Jun 23, 2005, 3:31 PM
as a customer care rep....

i had a guy get so angry with me becasue i wouldn't give him credit.. he stated to me

"i might as well pitch my phone at the ******* wall"

next thing i heard was a loud crack and the phone went dead..

I made sure to put in the notes what he said and what happened and that his phone was not covered under warrenty becasue of physical damage
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Jun 25, 2005, 12:58 PM
Working in a Circuit City I've seen my share of funny things. Some related to cellular and some not. One thing that was related to cellular is as follows: A customer came in disgruntled about his treo, my manager and I attempted to solve his problems and after no resolution could be discovered we decided refunding the product would be best. We explained this to the customer and he wanted his phone refunded plus $500 for his troubles. I laughed out loud in his prescence because I thought it truly was a joke. He threatened to punch me, pulled back, and thought twice. After screaming that he wanted $500, an off duty police officer pulled his gun on the guy made him get down on the ground and arrested him for attempted robbery. ๐Ÿคฃ :lol...
(continues)
Gundy18

Jun 25, 2005, 5:13 PM
LOL definitely a good one.
kitkat420

Jul 4, 2005, 1:30 PM
i think the only funny thing that has ever happened to me as a rep, was the one time i was on a call, the cust wanted to add txt messaging. i put the call on mute(cuz were no longer allowed to use hold), as the cust is on hold i can hear him go to the bathroom, wash his hands, flush the toliet. then as the toliet is flushing i hear a blop.....splash......****. when i went back to the cust to inform him everything was done, he asked what his options were on getting a replacement device, b/c he just flushed his down the toliet!!!!! ๐Ÿคฃ
iloveMOTOV300

Jul 28, 2005, 8:36 PM
lmao! That was too funny! ๐Ÿคฃ
LilShorty

Jun 28, 2005, 1:04 PM
Tampa_VZW_Jim said:
Working in a Circuit City I've seen my share of funny things. Some related to cellular and some not. One thing that was related to cellular is as follows: A customer came in disgruntled about his treo, my manager and I attempted to solve his problems and after no resolution could be discovered we decided refunding the product would be best. We explained this to the customer and he wanted his phone refunded plus $500 for his troubles. I laughed out loud in his prescence because I thought it truly was a joke. He threatened to punch me, pulled back, and thought twice. After screaming that he wanted $500, an off duty police officer pulled his gun on the guy made him get down on the ground and arrested
(continues)
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 4:54 PM
Wow that is GREEEEEEEEAT!!!
iloveMOTOV300

Jul 28, 2005, 8:35 PM
holy cow! That was wild! I bet that guy did some time, and I also bet that he will never do something like that again!!!!!!
shortchick

Jul 15, 2005, 10:18 AM
i haven't seen a customer do anything, but let me tell you about one recent call i had. A man calls in, saying he wanted his prepaid account cancelled because he couldn't figure out how to operate his nokia phone.He kept saying how it was made in mexico, it was horrible, etc. So i was giving him the return address to send the phone back to when he asks" Why would I need that? I paid for it. I'm going to pound it with a sledgehammer and then run over it with my car. I would get more satisfaction doing that than geting my money back." I was just like, ok. After I got off the call, I properly notated the bit about the sledgehammer and proceeded to read the account notes to my coworkers.
Aarynk

Jun 23, 2005, 3:42 PM
Gundy18 said:
Just curious, I was reading the thread 'funniest thing you have said to a customer' and it got me thinking... And coincidently I had a customer walk in about 10 minutes ago, had a dead phone ( was a replacement, and had water damage ) and he had it for one month so went over some options including possibly insurance coverage claim for the phone again, or having a tech look at it ( we are a express store ).. He denied it coming in contact with water. Then he got rather irate and said he was going to verizon, then he started cussing and one thing lead to another and he grabs the phone out of my hands and snaps it in half! ๐Ÿ˜ LOL! No joke, it was a 8200 and he snapped the sucker in half. Pieces went everywhere,
(continues)
Gundy18

Jun 25, 2005, 5:16 PM
Wow phones being thrown at me, yea thats a fricken lawsuit waiting to happen.

Could/Did you ever do anything about it?

If someone were to throw a phone at me I would pleasently walk around the other side of the counter and explain things more 'clear'...

Working at a express store, I get alot of BS.. Learning some more stuff everyday, but breaking the phone infront of me was the best so far.
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:03 PM
and thats exactly what I do!!

sorry sir, i'm not a verizon wireless corporate agent. I'm just an indirect agent.

wow they don't like that much
aemsafd

Jun 23, 2005, 4:03 PM
Although not as good as the stories above, I love explaining to an irate customer that the reason their phone is "dead" on their new VX3200 is because THIS is the jack for your handsfree headset, the power input is on the OTHER side of your phone.
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:05 PM
ILMAO!! I had some guy put the charger into the headseat jack on his KX1 instead of the power one... the headseat jack is not only marked... but covered by one of thoes plastc putty wanna be things (thats what I call them)
AVIOUS2001

Jul 28, 2005, 4:58 PM
Thats one of the best!! I deal with that one pretty much a daily basis but I really love the ones who come in saying that I sold them defective phones.
geminiwireless.com

Jun 25, 2005, 2:36 PM
This is more the funniest thing a customer ever said. I should start this out by saying our stores are in Dayton Ohio. There was a family in the store (man woman two kids) to get a phone and I am trying to run there credit online and the system keeps saying zip code does not match city, I thought that maybe he had the wrong city written down. So I said it is not going through and I ask him if he was on the borderline of DAYTON he answered NAh were married. I almost fell out of my chair like out of the blue I would if they were thinking about dating. His kids said that stupid daddy.
repster

Jun 25, 2005, 7:56 PM
I just about fell out of my chair reading this...Everyone I talk to here in St. Louis is going to hear this.....
speedywalk

Jun 25, 2005, 3:18 PM
I had a customer that dropped his phone in a pool, and knew he needed to dry it out. So he thought that he should put the phone in the microwave to dry it. When he brought it in, it REAKED of ozone....I had to go in the back to laugh so he didn't see or hear me!

Speedywalkร‚ยฎ
"It ain't broke, it just needs duct tape!"
~Can't beat the real thing!โ„ข~
Vox Dei

Jun 25, 2005, 10:46 PM
Wasn't me but a buddy of mine worked in a future shop that sold phones. One guy came up to him that he had sold a phone to him and told him that everytime he closed his phone it would shut off. So my buddy asked him to show him. So the guy procedded to open his phone and turn it on...Then he said "now watch" He pressed PWR and closed it phone. Suprisingly when he opened it up sure enough it was off ๐Ÿ˜›. My buddy could not explain to they guy in anyway that he would understand that he was turning it off by pressing PWR before closing it ๐Ÿ˜›
freephones4all

Jun 27, 2005, 2:51 AM
An older gentleman shoved his phone across the counter at me and said," This phone is junk! I've had the service for two months and I still can't receive calls." I so I turned the phone on. ๐Ÿ™„ He could not be convinced that all cellphones have to be turned on to ring. But what made it funny was that he had been really loud and obnoxious and our other customers had been listening. When he realized they were laughing at him, he grabbed his phone and bolted. ๐Ÿคฃ
ErikaMarie

Jun 27, 2005, 11:25 AM
A customer called me requesting his roadside assistance since he had gotten into an accident. He then said the cops were there & he had to hang up.

Later on, the customer was getting collection calls & a family member told us that he had been arrested that day & taken back to prison.

๐Ÿ˜ณ
lownote2

Jun 28, 2005, 8:11 PM
One thing that really sticks out. I had a customer a couple of years ago that really was wanting a different phone. He wanted me to just replace it for him. I told him that I couldn't just do that, he was still under contract with his. He kept insisting. I explained there was nothing I could do. Right in front of me he takes his startac and breaks it in half. "There," he said, "now just call insurance and I'll get another one." One moment sir...as I looked at his account. My reply to him, "Sir, you don't have insurance." Man, that was classic, I will always remember the look on his face when I told him that.
lil_lara

Jun 29, 2005, 4:14 PM
Okay- this is a doozy

I work in Wisconsin. Small town wisconsin... so you know people. I knew this guy named james, wasent friends with him, but everyone knew him cuz he was just a total idiot. James went to prison for keeping tweleve people hostage with a machette. His brother went to prison for coke. I never heard of his brother. But I knew his last name. So this 'thug' comes into my store demanding he knows the owner and he wants a deal. I call the owner. He said ewww get him out of my store... he won't have credit so pitch him pre-pay. So I do, I ask for his licence. It turns out hes James' brother. (he also told me that james became a cullinary chef in prison... ๐Ÿ˜ณ )ANY WAYS. he leaves. I freak out cuz I hate that family. Later an F...
(continues)
Dyingunman

Jun 29, 2005, 4:16 PM
nice ๐Ÿคฃ
iloveMOTOV300

Jul 28, 2005, 8:44 PM
gotta love msall towns! ๐Ÿคฃ
NotoriousZX3

Jul 14, 2005, 11:55 PM
this is actually back when i used to work for dish network ๐Ÿ™„ ...i used to be ATR(advanced tech rep), and i had this one call where this man in some hick town call in coz every time he was watching tv and his wife would enter the room, his sattelite would go out. now we were troubleshooting for about an hour when i finally lost all hope and decided to go ahead and have him re-align his dish. he had his wife adjusting the dish while i gave the coordinates, finally we locked him onto a good strong signal and his picture was clear as it possibly ever was. when he told his wife to come in to watch tv the screen went to snow...i was baffled ๐Ÿ˜ณ , well, it turned out that this IDIOT had his wife outside HOLDING THE DISH IN HER HANDS so when she...
(continues)
Sabrina6902

Jul 16, 2005, 10:29 AM
Iโ€™ve had a lot of dumb calls in my time but my co-worker had the mother of all idiots on his line on day apparently this customer took the sample bill that we send in our welcome kits and took it to a location in a grocery store and paid cash for this over 300 dollar bill and didn't get a receipt and he now wonders why when he goes back he can find the rep

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.