Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

A master of accents?

RageLevel-RISING

Nov 26, 2011, 10:22 AM
There's a girl who sits two seats behind me in my call center, who is doing something that makes me want to bust out laughing.

Earlier yesterday, she was talking on the phone like normal.

Then out of the blue, she starts sounding like a straight-up southerner, with the "Y'alls" and the drawn out accident..

Then later yesterday and this morning, she pulls out the Jamaican accent. I swear, she sounds just like friggin' Miss Cleo (remember her?)

So I asked her about it. She said she switches it up whenever she gets bored to make the day go by faster. She also said that she's never gotten "dinged" by the Quality scoring people for doing it either.

So I wonder what would happen if next call I get I act like those Discover ...
(continues)
Arjuun

Nov 26, 2011, 10:46 AM
i do that too, but i do it for sales and ir

read this great article about subliminal sales and how if your using the same accent they are to a degree you can get them to buy stuff easier and it does work
Jellz

Nov 26, 2011, 11:28 AM
I could speak in an Irish accent ☹️
dilligaff1

Nov 27, 2011, 11:27 PM
Top o the mornin' to ya Lad/Lass!! Tiss a luvley day fer a Guiness!!! 😎
Da_Bonehead

Dec 2, 2011, 7:58 PM
I'm Old Greq
melrhodes

Nov 26, 2011, 3:16 PM
*Arab accent*

Thank you for calling _____, this is Fahad Tulawi.... 🤣
RageLevel-RISING

Nov 29, 2011, 6:03 PM
"Thank you for calling ____, my name is FUQUAD" 🤣 🤣 🤣
AfterScoop

Nov 27, 2011, 8:32 PM
wasnt Jamaican
RageLevel-RISING

Nov 29, 2011, 6:01 PM
Does that make you irie, mon? 😁
AfterScoop

Nov 30, 2011, 7:52 AM
😕
Lazarus84

Nov 30, 2011, 1:55 PM
In the late 1990s, Harris began to work for the Psychic Friends Network under the name Cleo. She appeared as a television infomercial psychic in which she claimed she was from Jamaica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miss_Cleo »
AfterScoop

Dec 2, 2011, 4:15 PM
In the late 1990s, Harris began to work for the Psychic Friends Network under the name Cleo. She appeared as a television infomercial psychic in which she claimed she was from Jamaica.

The Psychic Readers Network is said to have coined the title "Miss Cleo" and sent unsolicited e-mails, some of which stated, "[Miss Cleo has] been authorized to issue you a Special Tarot Reading!... it is vital that you call immediately!" Charges of deceptive advertising and of fraud on the part of the Psychic Readers Network began to surface around this time.

In 2001, Access Resource Services d/b/a Psychic Readers Network was sued in various lawsuits brought by (among others) Arkansas, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Missouri, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvani...
(continues)
RageLevel-RISING

Dec 2, 2011, 5:26 PM
BOOYAKA SHOT!!

BOH! BOH!

REWIND THAT CHOOOON SELEKTAAAA~!

WHEEEEEEEEELLLL UP!!!!!!!
AfterScoop

Dec 2, 2011, 6:12 PM
🤣
dilligaff1

Nov 27, 2011, 9:52 PM
I use to do that when I did AT&T Land Line Local Sales! I would use the accent where I was Calling and they thought I was a hometown boy and give me the sale!!! 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.