Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Thanks a lot.

Tygalilie13

Nov 14, 2011, 7:31 PM
I would think that I am making your job easier by collecting all the necessary information needed to activate a phone providing it to you so all you have to do is push the button. I can't activate phones in this department, so it is indeed necessary for me to transfer a customer to you. I try to do this on every transfer call to make things easier.

However when I hear the response "No thank youuuu" and then a click....(don't think I was supposed to hear that)

Thanks a lot customer care. Next time you can gather the information yourself.
olderthandirt

Nov 15, 2011, 9:26 PM
What dept?

We get calls from telesales anytime they have a self created issue and try and dump it on us. Not knocking telesales as some are great. But after being shot a few times we do get a little gun shy
Tygalilie13

Nov 15, 2011, 10:56 PM
I'm in telesales, and the agent was in care.

I do not in the least bit doubt that you get the wonderful dump off calls a lot, a majority of them my own co-workers. In fact I could probably give you a list of names of people who do, and I'd like to follow that up with a punch to their face for it because they make this whole telesales department (at least the few of us who actually know what we're doing, and are good at it) look horrible and like we dont know jack. I've gone off on them a few times for doing it, however have recently given up. I figure they will lose their job eventually and be replaced by someone just as horrible so why bother. lol

However the conversation went more like this:

Me: Hi this is _____ from telesales...
(continues)
olderthandirt

Nov 15, 2011, 11:29 PM
That was wrong no doubt. I also have people who will do that around me and it drives me crazy. Personally I open the account up and take a look or ask what is going on because sometimes it needs to go to a different dept to get the assistance that is needed.

On a personal level I can not be that sort of rude to anyone needing help.

Sometimes the dept calling in has painted itself into a corner and due to (perhaps) lack of training do not know what to do. Time to assist or let them know where they can get assistance.

This job is a port in the storm sort of job. Better to realize easier at times to help and not bite a persons head off.

So for what it is worth I hope that it gets better (like that will happen in the real world)...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.