Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

A little sales help

bleedbluensilver

Aug 9, 2011, 10:34 PM
I have been in the wireless industry now for 2 years. I was a little skeptical at first on how I could increase sales and be successful. But with all the new phones coming out and peoples obsession to have the newest gadgets I been able to constantly increase sales.

About 2 months ago I got promoted to the highest volume store in our district. This month they want a 20% increase over last year even though I've had a 10% decrease in ticket so far for the year. I've had a horrible start to the month.

This is my first post on phonescoop. But I've been reading the news section pretty constant for a year. I've observed many successful business man post here. So thanks for reading this far, and my question is...

Any tips on how to increa...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Aug 9, 2011, 11:39 PM
Provide great, trustworthy, customer service that has people buzzing that YOU are the man to see. I built a kiosk in a grocery store into the single best selling (per employee) store in the company by being the MAN to go see. So much so, upper management sent their friends and family to see me because they knew I would give them the experience of a life time.

But I will say that 20% increase over last year sounds a bit extreme and high... sure, that is what they might want and think is possible from their office. But reality is, the wireless market size reached its peak several years ago, so growth like that is a bit unrealistic to say the least.

Unless the carrier you sell is seeing 20% growth as well (I guarantee you they are not,...
(continues)
Jellz

Aug 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
What ICB said. Customer service is key. I work for sales, and I can tell you I do very good mainly because I would much rather work for customer service. As long as you make clear that you're there to help them get the best service they can get and show that you're "on their side" and not on the side of a commission, you should be fine. And that means not making promises you can't keep or deals that aren't real. Don't lie to customers please. When they find out you lied, and they will find out eventually, they'll get angry and take it out on either you or someone else down the chain.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.