Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

New company policy

Mikey C

Aug 2, 2011, 5:21 PM
We now have to attach insurance to 35% of our phones to make any commission. there will be more "qualifiers" in order to get paid in the future.

Do any other companies do this or is this only my company?

I personally think this is a bum deal. If i dont attach insurance, then I don't get paid commission for it. Dont take away all of my commission because I cant sell insurance.
Jellz

Aug 2, 2011, 5:54 PM
Insurance is easy for me. Since I end up doing more of customer service's job, I deal with people with broken phones a lot. So all I have to do is mention that and how hard they have it in getting a new phone.. bam.
Mikey C

Aug 2, 2011, 6:07 PM
That didnt answer my question. I can sell it when I want to, but im not always on my game.
Jellz

Aug 2, 2011, 7:17 PM
Well, no, nothing like that here. For me, we get our OPH (orders per hour) measured. The goal is to have 1.3 OPH, and beyond that you get paid money added onto your hourly rates. So basically, instead of a set bonus, you get paid like $12 an hour instead of $9 an hour if you sell good. Or something like that, just made the numbers up.
Iove2transfercustomers

Aug 2, 2011, 8:21 PM
my company pulls stunts like this all the time. if too many people are getting bonus, then they add new hoops to jump thru.
phonegeek420

Aug 2, 2011, 8:39 PM
every company does this. especially if you work for a 3rd party
Mikey C

Aug 3, 2011, 9:34 AM
I have never heard of this. but then again this is my first job where I have been paid on commission.

I will say this is the third pay structure they have had in the time I have been here though. As long as its not just this company, im okay with it.
phonegeek420

Aug 3, 2011, 3:56 PM
as someone else probably stated, they do this for a couple different reasons. It makes it as hard as possible for people to earn bonus or incentive pay, and eventually the people who can't sell are weeded out. They also dangle the carrot farther and farther in front of you every month as a tactic to continually increase sales.
paddyoc

Aug 3, 2011, 10:55 AM
Learn how to sell. My tep % varies between 50 and 60. Wake up, you work in a performance based pay environment. 🙄
Mikey C

Aug 3, 2011, 2:46 PM
I dont know what tep% is.
paddyoc

Aug 5, 2011, 10:37 AM
Total
Equipment
Protection

Seriosly you could not piece together what I was talking about based on the OP? (Original Post, I'm guessing things need to be spelled out for ya)
Mikey C

Aug 5, 2011, 4:38 PM
I never claimed to be the smartest person. Eh, Im over it now. You're right, it is a performance based position. Thanks for the reality check.
fleurdemiel

Aug 5, 2011, 7:33 PM
If that is *seriously* the only piece of conversion you have to worry about, I envy the ****e out of you.

😁

we have ever changing guidelines *and* buyers remorse/churn to freak out about as well 🙂
IrishCarBomb

Aug 5, 2011, 7:38 PM
As we are not insurance salesmen, they can't not require or encourage us to sell it. I know my company removed all insurance based commissions and quotas a couple years ago because the legal department decided it wasn't legal to do so, since none of us are insurance agents and there are laws that require certain training, certs, etc. type thing.
iljaaf21

Aug 6, 2011, 9:54 AM
I was just about to say that.
To actually sell insurance, you have to be a licenced insurance salesman. So I don't think that new policy is 'legal'. You also can't legally get paid on insurance because of that too.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.