Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Why do customers do this?!

lh1031

Apr 15, 2011, 2:49 PM
They call in about something simple. Like they arent receiving their bill. Then spend twenty minutes telling you every possible thing that could ever have related to the issue.

"My dog got out and could have chased the mailman causing him to lose my letter." "The the sidewalk froze so he could have fallen" "Without my bill I was late and this caused me to be stressed out which made me tired which made me miss my sisters wedding."

By the time they finish talking I have already resolved the issue and responded to like 12 PS forums.

Its annoying.
betteyboope88

Apr 15, 2011, 11:12 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
dj89

Apr 16, 2011, 9:22 AM
And if you work for The Big Fan, you'll learn to hate the monologues and epic stories to explain why they can't pay their bill and need an extension.

Just tell me you can't pay, when you CAN pay, pay a little up front if possible, and I'll set it up for you.
lh1031

Apr 16, 2011, 9:30 AM
I do work for them and I dont do finance so you can compain at me for twenty minutes but youre still gonna have to go to finance to set up an arrangement.
dj89

Apr 16, 2011, 9:40 AM
🤣

What do you hate more, customers that drive up your handle time complaining about finance issues you have no hope of resolving, or dumb finance reps clogging your queue for issues not remotely related to Care?
lh1031

Apr 16, 2011, 10:15 AM
Im lucky. I am in the BGN queue I dont get transfers. Its awesome! However, when I used to be in regular billing, telesales would drive me crazy calling with questions they knew I could answer and transferring customer they knew I couldnt help
island_chica

Apr 22, 2011, 9:12 PM
Care does the exact same thing to Telesales and it hurts our conversion taking 10 calls from care that we can't do anything for and only last a min.
KioskGuy

Apr 16, 2011, 9:56 AM
I usually get it from people who bring stolen/lost phones to me to activate. I try to activate it, my system won't let me because it shows up as lost or stolen, and then they try to spin a long, convoluted story about how they got it. And then they don't listen when I say that regardless of their story, I can't activate it.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.