Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Sprint incentive pay

olderthandirt

Mar 12, 2011, 5:42 PM
We love the abc formula used for incentive pay. 😳 I was told that it works really well. They pay us crap (min wage) and we give back the same (min caring). 😲

It is nice to know if we jump through fire, take the bullet from the customer and they like us for it, and we sell 500% of staggering mins that we can make good money.

Unfortunatly for them some of us are educated enough to find that the formula used is designed to reduce their payout to us.

But were we are, a job is a job, we know that and live with it. Just do not ask us to buy the bridge. 😁
callcenterrep69

Mar 13, 2011, 5:26 PM
Sounds like you work for a company that's "a"lways "c"hanging "s"omething. I most recently deflected from such a company due to the absolutely ridiculous idea that you can be paid per call, uphold to aht expectations, try to push sales on tech/care calls, and still provide great customer service...man I hated that place 👿
olderthandirt

Mar 13, 2011, 6:35 PM
Well it is what it is and until something better comes up I accept it. But I do not wake up and ever think it will be a great day at work and rush out to be there.

Not going to miss it when move on
callcenterrep69

Mar 14, 2011, 6:11 AM
Hang in there bud, something will come up 🙂
lh1031

Apr 15, 2011, 6:39 AM
Wow, I am in the same boat. while I dont mind being paid per call. It seems it would be more fair if there were actual calls there to take.
mc tubbs

Apr 18, 2011, 3:49 PM
And to boot they keep dropping the amount you get paid per call. I've been at the above company way to long and when ABC first came out 3 + years ago, I made over $6 an hr more than today. That makes for some great long term emplyees here...
Ishamael

Mar 13, 2011, 9:49 PM
It integrates every stat into your sales goal, even ones that weren't calculated into pay before (like NCP).

Don't get it backwards though, you don't get paid more for doing good; instead, all bonuses are pulled for being under goal in even a single stat.
captnkrunch

Mar 14, 2011, 6:28 AM
Hey, With a company thats rethinking possible our bonuses come from a point system that kidna works like this:

30% - showing up to work ( attendance which one day out completely destroys it pretty much)
10% - availability (taking calls w/o having customer on hold)
10% - AHT
50% - quality ( telling the customer the "required" information for EVERY interaction on the call )

one failed call in a month or one day out pretty much means you dont get a bonus for that month. oh did I mention you can fail a call for just about anything? Like customer calls in says hello I love my phone and then hangs up before you can reply would be a failed call due to you not attempting to thank the customer for there business. -_-
callcenterrep69

Mar 14, 2011, 7:40 AM
Wow...that kinda sounds like my set up here. It's almost impossible to pass QA, sooo many expectations... 🙄
olderthandirt

Apr 16, 2011, 4:15 PM
Not supposed to pass QA. They would have to pay more than min wage.
tpusa

Apr 13, 2011, 10:22 AM
which call center do you work at? ours definitely doesnt pay min wage..
olderthandirt

Apr 16, 2011, 4:39 PM
We work for the greater ACS. Included is a matrix pay system so complicated they can not even explain it. Payroll used to be done in Mexico and may still be.

Overtime is not overtime but really paying more per call yet not being able to know how much per call. Because Oregon uses a 40 hour work week one has to be very sure that OT is accurate. If you work OT -- min at 40 and OT hours equals pay. If make more than min any OT per call can actually reduce your pay because it is all about call volume and because you are over min Ot is done in a diminsion we have not been able to figure out.

Main thing is that a job is a job until something better comes along. Picking up 5 day old roadkill, Cleaning septic tanks, Taking in bottles af...
(continues)
Pimptopian

Apr 16, 2011, 12:03 PM
well i love the pay cut we got. took away ir bonus and made the goal almost impossible to max out. an effective 700 a month pay cut, go ACS!!!
lh1031

Apr 16, 2011, 12:10 PM
where are you located?
Pimptopian

Apr 16, 2011, 2:11 PM
Portland, Or. But im pretty sure it was all the ACS's that got the pay cut. But then they "raised" our pay by one tier but only truly affects people that have no NO's for surveys but these idiots voted on a 90 day period instead of a 30 day, so no's from 3 months ago can still effect your pay lol
lh1031

Apr 16, 2011, 3:16 PM
wow I think we here in Houston are still on the old system,.
olderthandirt

Apr 16, 2011, 4:41 PM
You got to vote. We were told that it was going to be 90 day roll. And anytime they say you will make more money check you pocket cause it is going to cost you more.

ACS cares about their people as long as they make them money and are willing to accept min wage.
olderthandirt

Apr 16, 2011, 6:31 PM
On the plus side it totally ruins the threat of being fired. If you make more money being unemployed due to having made better money in the past (before incentives removed) it is hard not to be singing - Give me one step toward the door

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.