Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Sprint Care reps activating Blackberries

dj89

Mar 11, 2011, 6:15 PM
DO NOT PERFORM MANUAL PROGRAMMING!

It's killing my handle time to have to fix your mistakes because you don't follow standard procedure or are too lazy to just read.
Mrs.B

Mar 12, 2011, 12:09 PM
As a care rep I've had issues where the blackberries will not do hands free activation and after trying the one touch activation and other steps listed in the Device search tool programming document I will call over to tech and they will say "why didn't you just manually program it" and literally refuse to take the call.
dj89

Mar 13, 2011, 2:48 PM
Yeah, some tech reps are nice like that...
guitarhero73

Mar 12, 2011, 12:51 PM
Some of the older BB's, like the 8330, in CC's device search say don't do a manual program. I know we can do an RTN and wipe the phone and then try the programming over, which has always worked pretty well for me. Too bad it takes so long and really kills my handle time.
olderthandirt

Mar 12, 2011, 5:53 PM
I have also run into the issue of having to wipe blk berries before they will activate. We do ---NOT ---------- ever, ever do manual programing on them.

We also know from experience what fine toys Motorola is producing. There is a reason they split the phones off of the company into it's own. Swim or drown on your product.
olderthandirt

Mar 12, 2011, 5:46 PM
Whine on your own time. Many of us have been activating them for some time. Some of the new ones are acting up during activation.

If you are that good, you should be able to activate it in less than 6 minutes. 😁

Actually it is hard for some of the new people to do because they have limited experience and may actuallly be in training. Love our new system. Be gentle we all are learning new stuff 😎
dj89

Mar 13, 2011, 3:05 PM
I understand. I have no outward beef with newer people, because there is a learning curve.

But God, is it that hard to just pull up the device activation fact sheet? And then you get customers pissed because we have to wipe out their phone after that.
olderthandirt

Mar 14, 2011, 5:30 PM
Agree that sucks. Just another day in paradise
olderthandirt

Mar 14, 2011, 5:31 PM
What I hate is that we are expected to do it all in 6 minutes. Because they say we can.
dj89

Mar 14, 2011, 5:56 PM
Or even less.
tgc1980

Mar 17, 2011, 5:22 AM
dj89 said:
I understand. I have no outward beef with newer people, because there is a learning curve.

But God, is it that hard to just pull up the device activation fact sheet? And then you get customers pissed because we have to wipe out their phone after that.

I think God says, "yes".
olderthandirt

Mar 22, 2011, 5:49 PM
We are not allowed anything but scripted flows now. I agree with you but training needs to occur and they are not supposed to use what the rest of us already know how to access.

Micro manage and shoot self in foot

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.