Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Scammed???

melrhodes

Mar 10, 2011, 4:47 PM
Just had a customer transferred to me from escalations. He found out he will not get his $125 port-in credit because he don't know you have to register at the website within 72 hours of activation.Radioshack didn't tell him that.
He said he's walking around the mall last week when a guy from radioshack said, "If you bring your 2 lines from AT&There in Sprint you will have $125 credit for each line."
So he cancelled his 2 AT&T lines. I can't do anything for him. He also said that the escalations rep informed him that telesales can give the credit to him now. Credit will be applied on the 61st day after the activation.
And he don't want to go back to the store because its 2 and a half hours away.

"Let me transfer you to Account Service...
(continues)
SporkOnline

Mar 10, 2011, 4:48 PM
should had just refered him back to that radiosuck
moemoe26

Mar 10, 2011, 6:09 PM
it says on Sprint.com that the credit only applies at sprint.com and retail stores. all others wouldn't quailfy for the credit! I have dealt with this issue with Best Buy and Radio Shack....good luck there not getting the credit.

Both of them tell them about it but don't tell them the details.

http://www.sprint.com/landings/portcredit/?INTCID=CM ... »
captnkrunch

Mar 14, 2011, 6:36 AM
Diffrent type of scam: I had a customer call in and tell me that there was a guy outside a AT&T Auth Retailer who was offering customers to pay there bill for 100$ cash. So customers would pay this orange shirt wearing gentleman ( tho he never stated he worked for us ) 100$ cash and then call into the IVR to make there payment. usually the payment posted was 300 - 400$ ... it would stay on there for about 2 days and then was reversed... I seen this on about 8-10 accounts in a weeks time and there are others who seen it in diffrent areas. Hmmm. Common sense sometimes goes a long ways.
olderthandirt

Mar 14, 2011, 3:45 PM
I work at a sprint call center and now I know more about that credit than I have been told about at work. Work = 0 information

I do not have a sprint phone so no access to sprint.com to even see details about it.

Thank you
sorry for the customer treatment. One would think they would work better so does not happen. But then again Corp Caring 😛

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.