Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Deposiphobia

melrhodes

Mar 3, 2011, 4:32 PM
Some customers are afraid or become so upset with deposit.

"You have been approved for 2 lines with a hundred dollar deposit and...."
hang up
cstone

Mar 3, 2011, 4:38 PM
Lol, in my experience a lot of them just don't have a job and probably don't regularly pay their bills which is why they wanted the free phone to begin with. Because then they could have the phone for a month or two before they stop paying and the phone gets shut off, then they can try another carrier.

Not everyone that has a deposit fits this description, but most of the ones that don't just pay the deposit.
ghepau

Mar 3, 2011, 11:27 PM
there you go again melrhodes.. same scenario..
i even think we're on the same team
pickles

Mar 3, 2011, 11:37 PM
if someone hangs up as soon as you mention the deposit, they were probably just trying to commit fraud anyway. if people are legit, they'll listen to what you have to say and it's all in how you position it. and assuming you have a non-contract option to flex to it's generally not that big of a deal. if someone hangs up, they were trying to be shady.
RobbieJnn

Mar 7, 2011, 7:39 PM
People come in all the time and just want us to run a check on a line just to see if they have a deposit. It isnt any differnt when they call in for the same thing and hangup because they probably dont feel like listening to the exit speech
fleurdemiel

Apr 18, 2011, 7:16 PM
I think what makes me the most miserable are the young callers who most likely have little to no credit.

What's even more fun are the grown adults who think not having credit isn't as awful as having bad credit -__-

me: "Great, can I get a DOB?"
customer: "02-17-1992"
me: 😁 FFFFFUUUHHH
pickles

Apr 19, 2011, 7:57 PM
every now and then those kids get $0 deposits, always really throws me off.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.