Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

Deductable

killerphones

Feb 12, 2011, 6:41 PM
Hi, what is a deductable? I was told I have a $100 deductable, does that mean that I get $100 for filing my claim? I'm confused, I will pause between each syllable when I pronounce deductable. I was raised a hermit in the Tibetan Platteau so I don't know about this funny business.

ugh.
pickles

Feb 12, 2011, 6:50 PM
$100 is what you have to pay to get a new phone with your insurance. You pay a monthly insurance charge that way you pay a $100 deductible instead of full retail price for the phone. you're either a troll, or you were born under a bridge somewhere. either way dude get with the times. do you not have car insurance?? lol YES they're gonna pay you $100 just for filing your insurance claim. wow.
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 10:52 AM
the creator of this thread was posting what a customer had asked him/her...
killerphones

Feb 14, 2011, 4:17 PM
THANK YOU
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 10:54 AM
so i wont know about this thingy...plus we dont offer this in Jamaica and most parts of the Caribbean...

so if i pay a $100 [ for example ] per month, this will ensure that i may get a new handset if its damaged, correct?
Joba Fett

Feb 13, 2011, 1:16 PM
What are the living conditions in Jamaica in comparison with America? Have you ever visited the States?
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 1:43 PM
be specific
me12

Feb 13, 2011, 3:26 PM
It's funny, everytime I speak to someone who isn't very well educated they think anywhere that is not America, China or Japan is a thrid world country... I don't know if that is what he is getting at but... that was what I pulled from his question. 🙂
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 4:12 PM
i did too lol

thats why i asked him to be specific
Joben

Feb 13, 2011, 4:23 PM
so I'm going to clarify. I am not well educated on the living conditions of rural Jamaica and that is what I was referring to. Avaya, I doubt you live in a rural area considering that you operate a website and you host quite a few events.

That being said, I was just curious about the way of life in the Jamaican boonies. Are the conditions generally of a third-world country as it seems so cliche to assume, or do Jamaicans generally live in prosperity?
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 4:28 PM
living in the rural area of island doesnt prevent one from doing what i do...

there are wealthy people who lives there...

but there living is not the same as the cliche...

we get on with life just the same as you in the US, just not much variety of things as to the US...
pickles

Feb 12, 2011, 7:10 PM
i think i see what you did there...i should pay more attention.
Avaya

Feb 13, 2011, 10:52 AM
🤣
famoussasjohn

Feb 13, 2011, 10:00 AM
should tell them to go get into a car accident and their insurance guy will let them know what a deductible is.
killerphones

Feb 14, 2011, 4:26 PM
That wouldn't work, these customers have smart phones with insurance but they don't have cars, if they are so blessed as to have a car, they don't have insurance on that.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.