Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Phone Connection/Receiption Strength

Bubey

Jan 3, 2011, 1:43 AM
How can I verify which service has the best connection in my area.

I've had the same comany for 6+ years with lousy connection. I have to go outside, rain or shine in order to make a call from my house. I want to give up my landline and just go wireless but with poor reception it would be a nightmare.

Thanks in advance for the input and help !

Happy New year !
Mossberg

Jan 3, 2011, 9:28 AM
But make sure there is a decent return period if you're not satisfied.
Arjuun

Jan 3, 2011, 9:37 AM
each company's web sites have maps of the area's and general strength of services use this to try to narrow down what company you want
dilligaff1

Jan 3, 2011, 1:22 PM
First of all, your big mistake is getting rid of your Landline. I have 3 cells, 3 carriers!! And a LL. Try calling 911 on a cell and you cant Talk!!! Life or death, is 1 shot!!! If it wasnt for my Landline I wouldnt be taking calls today!!!!!
famoussasjohn

Jan 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
Why so many exclamation points? Were they needed?
Chaos

Jan 4, 2011, 11:38 AM
1 - I would make sure that my cell phone works in my home.

2 - Onstar. Problem solved.
iljaaf21

Jan 4, 2011, 2:46 PM
I would definitely have the carriers pull up the coverage viewer map of your house. But keep in mind that just because it says you should get great service, doesn't guarantee that you will. Different elements can interfere with reception, such as trees causing overcast, if your roof/ shingles have aluminum in them, or sometimes if a cloud just rolls overhead.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.