Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

Crystal Ball needed for new Sprint/ACS metric

olderthandirt

Dec 15, 2010, 4:42 PM
Apparently there is going to be a need for Crystal Balls in customer care as we need to know if our customer might call back within 7 days of contact. Part of new metric is to make sure they do not call back for 7 days.

Performance pay is so good that apparently we need a new metric so we can maintain only the best min wage benefits
Amarantamin

Dec 15, 2010, 4:45 PM
that raises our pay for doing good, instead of one that cuts our pay for doing badly.

Especially one that's completely random like this. If the customer decides they have a new question and wants to call us back, we get penalized?
olderthandirt

Dec 15, 2010, 5:14 PM
why would they pay us more for doing good. Less money for bonuses for corp. Also would mean that corp would have to take responsibility for their product and services.

That defies the Dilbert Rule
twinmoon1

Dec 15, 2010, 9:40 PM
from what i have read, yes.
rainbow_metals

Dec 15, 2010, 5:29 PM
i havent read my must read yet on that but is another way they make us take it in the @$$, plus this year my center is not giving christmas baskets or gift cards like they have in the past. its pathetic when my husband who works for 7-11 gets a 50.00 bonus from his employer.
olderthandirt

Dec 15, 2010, 7:17 PM
Care and concern is not something that goes beyond lip service for us
chewie101

Dec 19, 2010, 4:19 PM
Well, that's because we can not care up to 32% of the time with our transfer rate goals at our center. And if I go over that in a day, I just make sure I care slightly more the next day to make the high day wash out. There's really no incentive for me to care about these people when there's no reprimand for high transfer rates. So, what's that going to do to the new metric? I'm sure as heck not going to call people back who've purchased a phone every day until they receive their device to make sure they don't call back to activate it and screw up my Next Call Prevention rate. I don't get paid for outbound calls under Sprint's wonderful ABC matrix.
smazi

Dec 16, 2010, 12:31 AM
There really are those who thrive under the present system of incentives and disincentives, but I suspect they are relatively rare. For everyone else, it's a stamina contest. A struggle between will, self-respect, and economic necessity.

Still waiting to see how this new metric will affect pay.
Amarantamin

Dec 16, 2010, 1:57 AM
They'll drop you down an ABC tier and pull all earned sales bonus if %40 of your customers end up calling back.

Expect the goal to get tougher until about %5 is the limit, probably by a steady %3/month for the next year.
olderthandirt

Dec 18, 2010, 5:50 PM
Watch the sales go down if they do this. It will not be worth trying to sell beyond what is required to meet goals if the end result is just another way to let all but the care reps make their bonus. The carrot hanging out there gets old to look at sooner or later when they keep jerking it away.

Corp is so predictable.
He who Lurks

Dec 16, 2010, 12:31 PM
Wow, at&t got rid of the metric almost a year ago.
phantom mullet

Dec 16, 2010, 1:26 PM
Be happy you're not in sales. 😉

Bonuses, hah!
Amarantamin

Dec 16, 2010, 3:15 PM
Our bonuses are all based on sales even though we're not a sales team.

"Bonuses, hah!" is right, my friend.
phantom mullet

Dec 16, 2010, 4:04 PM
So that's why we have to fight to get Care agents to transfer an AAL call. 🙄

Way to go, Sprint. Make care and sales compete for the sales in order to hit bonuses; that's a surefire way to see that neither can succeed.
Amarantamin

Dec 16, 2010, 9:51 PM
Your AAL's are one of our biggest bonuses.

Not that we actually get paid for them; any other stat out of line and our entire sales bonus is pulled, no matter how high it is. It's funny how anytime an agent gets a massive sales bonus, they suddenly get several negative surveys that nobody can seem to find the calls it came from.
phantom mullet

Dec 17, 2010, 9:28 AM
AALs are also the primary target for us. And other target areas sound the same too - if you don't hit AALs, they don't matter.

Wait until they start counting churn against your payouts. Oh, and TEP on upgrades.

Honestly, bonuses a year ago were legit. A good rep could hit $500 in a month no problem. Last month I think 4 people centerwide got over $500 in incentives.
Pimptopian

Dec 17, 2010, 2:38 PM
i agree, its a horrible system, luckily i max out ever month and have learned on what to do to not have that happen to me. i consistantly get 2000 a month...
phantom mullet

Dec 17, 2010, 3:26 PM
2G a month in incentives alone?

Care, sales, some other department? Do you work for corporate or a vendor?

In our call center 2G isn't even possible. Max is about $750 with the current setup. Total balls.
Pimptopian

Dec 17, 2010, 6:41 PM
ACS max out bonus for Advantage..
olderthandirt

Dec 18, 2010, 6:34 PM
If you sell your soul at ACS and manage to get 500% of the everchanging goal, plus meet all the other metrics you will get 50% of your bonus (1,000.00 max) as the rest is withheld for taxes.

Right now if you are in 1 que the per call expectation is 4.05 per call(20.25 per call for 500% ). Billing gets 3.45 per call to make 100%. So figure out how much they make from that.
Pimptopian

Dec 21, 2010, 3:52 PM
well here the goal for advantage is 9.40 cents a call and i hear that its going to 11.00 per call goal next month. only about 4 of us in this call center can actually get that goal. Damn near impossible for most. And the goal of ABC pay is so we make 9.00 an hour they really are getting over on everyone. only about .5% actually make money here its crazy but people need jobs and they choose to work here...
Candall

Dec 16, 2010, 2:18 PM
That's easy! Just put every customer you get on Seasonal Standby after the call.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.